Chapter 38 Showdown

Third person's pov

[Warning- curse words]

Elijah stepped inside the warehouse, in controlled and calculated strides. Like a predator ready to strike at prey. His eyes, sharp and fierce like a hawk, searched the area for a single glance of his dearest. Standing in the middle of the hall, he waited. He knew the two damned fuckers had cameras installed in every corner and are watching his every move. With hands in his pockets, he relaxed his posture. Silently, he observed the surrounding. Two windows on each wall, a stairway, one camera in between two walls, a door to the basement, and lastly the entrance he came from. Little hindrance along with several weak points can benefit either side, offenders or victims. With one glance at the floor, he saw how muddy and filled with dirt it was. Which gave way to footprints. And the majority of which led to the door to the basement. His doe and princess were in there. His composure broke slightly when his jaw clenched in anger ready to break out from beneath the skin. His body was aching to run in there and break the door to free his beloveds. But he refrained himself. It has to wait for the accurate time. Closing his eyes, he calmed the raging lion inside.

"Aren't you going to shout and search for your wife and sister Mr. Elijah Mancini?"

Mark mocked descending the stairs along with Angelina. The smirk which adorned his face vanished the second his eyes met with Elijah's smoldering ones. Unconsciously he gulped. He has seen Elijah angry before but nothing can compare to how infuriating he looked. Frightened. That's what he felt. Chills ran down his body the moment Elijah's eyes fell on his body. And the way Angelina was tightening her hold around his arm, he knew she felt the same. He can't show his fears though. He has come a long way to see this day. He won't let his plan and hard work go in vain because of his mere fear. Adrenaline rushed into his veins when he thought of the success of his plan. And hence, smirking back he stopped in front of Elijah feeling less scared and more confident.

"The mighty has fallen today, isn't he baby? "

Kissing Angelina's cheek, Mark waited for Elijah to react. But nothing. Elijah stood still, watching. It unknowingly irritated Mark. The man who put him through hell was calm instead of begging. He didn't like it. And he painfully wanted to see Elijah plead with him.

"Not even gonna ask how's your wife doing? "

Detaching himself from Angelina, Mark stood chest to chest with Elijah. Leaning in, he mockingly whispered,

"Have to say she is beautiful that I almost tasted her"

Next second, a fierce force tightened around his neck, choking him. Mark gasped in pain and suffocation, clawing at Elijah's hand wrapped tightly on his neck. The more he clawed, the tighter Elijah held closing his windpipe. He felt that the force would break his neck. Black dots clouded his visions along with his lungs and neck screaming in pain.

"Don't you dare utter a word about my doe! "

Elijah pulled Mark closer to his face contorted in rage. Eyes blazing in fire watching Mark's face turning red in suffocation. Nothing could satisfy the lava boiling in his blood, not even choking the fucker who dared speak of his doe. His doe is only his. His alone!

"Elijah leave him! "

Angelina stood pointing a gun at Elijah. Elijah didn't remove his eyes away from a gasping Mark. Angelina was scared to death for her boyfriend. One second he was beside her and the next was getting choked to death. Panicking, she took out the gun to save the life of her love. She didn't know if she will succeed. Nonetheless, she would do anything for Mark to escape from the clasp of the devil incarnate.

"I said leave him or I will shoot you! "

Seeing no reaction from Elijah, panic surged in her veins. Helpless and desperate she shot the bullet at the basement door. Fearful screams rang in the air which momentarily stopped Elijah in his choking rampage. She saw Elijah unceremoniously throw Mark on the floor who thrashed around for air. Relief washed over her and she almost ran to Mark's side if not for Elijah murderously glaring at her. Stumbling back in fear, she choked in the air when Elijah took a step toward her.