Chapter 33 A New Turn

Third person's pov

Meera was ecstatic about coming back to his mansion, their home. Home, it feels amazing even thinking about it. The first thing they did was to inform their families, her included this time. She wanted to tell them herself in person that she has met her soulmate whom she is going to marry. Alas! Time was not in her favor, Elijah and she decided to marry as soon as possible hence this coming Saturday, seven days from now. Preparation has already been started. Her Eli has already booked a wedding planner, the best in the world who upon hearing that the world's richest man hired her left all her appointments to work on the most expensive and lavish wedding.

Meera was not into much of a lavish wedding but Elijah wanted to marry her as a prince does to his princess in front of the world. She recalls how sweetly he asked her the kind of wedding she wanted to have.

"Doe, are you specific about anything particular in the wedding of your dreams? I will make it happen, tell me?"

she only smiled at him. Thinking about it, she really never thought about her wedding. She was busy planning her career and achieving it to think so. Without a suggestion, she insisted on only one thing,

"I just want to marry you, my prince, my Eli"

The dazzling smile he rewarded made her literally swoon. Shaking her head, she smiled brightly. Putting her clutch on the dressing table she switched on her phone after four days. Notifications upon notifications blasted her phone. Most of them were from Evelyn and the rest from her in-laws congratulating her. Like a tight slap on the face, reality struck her. How could she forget about Evelyn? The fragile nest of happiness she made broke with the heavy wind of the harsh, bitter truth. The fairy tale she was living is a lie and she herself is its villain. Her heart dropped.

Opening the messages with shaky fingers, she read what Evelyn has to say,

"Sister-in-law where are you? "

"What's Eli planning? "

"Tell me now what is he up to? "

Skipping to the last ones made her angry at herself, her foolishness and recklessness.

"Sister-in-law! You did it. I am happy that you did what I asked you to"

"Good job upon marrying my brother, sister-in-law. Oops! I mean this time leaving him behind"

Their plan. God, she is stupid to forget this all. Pacing the space around the closet, she pulled her hair in agitation. She has to tell Elijah about her plan and Evelyn. Whining in frustration, she thought how her Eli will be devastated to know about his little sister and doe. He would be heartbroken and betrayed. No, no. She can't see him hurt. Yes, she can't hide it either. She will tell him, she is ready to face the consequences of her rash decisions but first, she needs to talk it out with Evelyn.

Determined, picking up her phone and clutch, she marches out of their bedroom and mansion. Walking out to the front door, two bodyguards accompanied her, courtesy of a worrywart Elijah who didn't want to take any risk regarding his doe's safety. Her heart warmed recalling her Eli who was reluctant to go to the office today not wanting to spend a second without her. But she forced him as from tomorrow he doesn't have to go so he will sort everything in the office today for the upcoming wedding.

Getting into the backseat of the roll's Royce boat tail with the driver in the front, Meera headed to her in-law's mansion to meet Evelyn. She only hoped Evelyn will listen to her.

The mansion was the same as she remembered from last time, and so were the bitter memories of Evelyn's birthday. Like a broken record, Elijah's hurt face flashes before her eyes making her heartache anew which only firmed her decision of stopping all this ruckus of their plan. With strong steps, she walks upstairs to the second floor in Evelyn's room. Nobody was in sight till now, leaving the house staff. It was her first time stepping foot in the yet again pink-themed room of Evelyn. But the owner was nowhere in sight. Frowning she checked the closet and bathroom as well getting the same result, no Evelyn.

Coming downstairs like her nonexistent tail was on fire, she met Synthia lounging in the living room.

"Mom! Have you seen Evelyn?"

she asked in one breath. Synthia took in her hurried stance. Frowning in confusion, she replied,

'She has gone to meet her friends. Why? Anything urgent?"

she didn't think about any excuse to give. Shuffling nervously on her feet, Meera proposed,

"Oh! Nothing. Eli is at the office and I was getting bored so yeah! I came to meet her and plan, I mean discuss things about the wedding"

Synthia looked at her for several tense seconds which felt like an eternity to Meera. Finally, Synthia smiled at her and said,

"Meera if you want to meet Evelyn you would want to go to her penthouse. She has moved in there"

"What! Really! that's fast and uhmm amazing"

she said her head running a mile figuring out the reason why Evelyn moved. She heard her mother-in-law laughing,

"Yes, you know she was in so much hurry and said she is independent and will live alone"

She fake chuckled along with Synthia but she knew Evelyn has something up her sleeves if she moved in these three days to the penthouse, especially when Elijah was not here. It's suspicious.

"Can you tell me the address, please?"

"Sure darling. By the way, I am so happy finally you and my son are together and happy"

Genuinely smiling this time Meera returned her hug. Of course, she is happy too. She is marrying the love of her life. Only if the looming plan and its consequences weren't there.

Calling Evelyn was futile, she was not answering any of her calls and messages. Looking out the window of the car, Meera saw the busy streets of New York. She recalled her first day here. It is a bittersweet memory. The car came to a halt in front of a skyscraper building in central New York. Getting out with the bodyguards in tow, Meera went inside the extravagant lobby. Making her way to the penthouse by the elevator, she thought of the upcoming meeting with Evelyn which can turn ugly.

Standing before the double doors, she entered the passcode, Evelyn's birthday, and went inside the white, classy foyer of the penthouse. The bodyguards went into the security room. On the threshold of the living room, she heard noises, to be specific moans. Hesitating, she carefully stepped forward. The scene before made her turn abruptly as if she has seen a ghost, she was shocked, horrified. Closing her eyes shut, she screamed,

"Evelyn!!"

Evelyn and her companion with whom she was having sex on the couch halted at the sudden intrusion. Evelyn frowned first then she grinned.

"Oh! Sister-in-law what a pleasant surprise!"

"Quickly get dressed, god!"

Meera shouted when she peeked over her shoulder and saw Evelyn coming to her, naked. Laughing sounds of Evelyn filled the room.

"We are dressed now, sister in law"

"So, this is your friend?"

Meera asked sarcastically eyeing the man sitting beside Evelyn on the couch.

"This is my boyfriend actually"

Evelyn said pecking the lips of her boyfriend.

"Mark baby meet my so-called sister-in-law and the partner in our plan Meera Goenka and Meera this is Mark Alfonso"

Meera gaped in shock, taking in two things from what she heard. One, Evelyn said our plan which included Mark, and the second bigger one that this man is Mark Alfonso who her Eli told about, the ex-boyfriend of Evelyn, or should she say current. God, it all has taken a new turn.