Chapter 11 Harmless dress

Third person's pov

Stirring slightly, Meera scrunched her eyes due to the strong sunlight falling on her face. Shielding her eyes with her hand, she slowly opened her eyes to see a bright blue sky, seagulls flying around, and the sun shining brightly. Frowning she tried to remember what on earth she is doing outside. Just when she tried to get up, a hand around her waist pulled her down. Widening her eyes she turned her head sideways to see mesmerizing green eyes staring at her, for how long, don't know.

Elijah woke up a good half an hour earlier than his doe. The sight that greeted him was breathtaking. Along with the beautiful rising sun and beach, he got to see his doe snuggled to his chest, breathing softly. Her hair covered his chest and the side of her head, and her one hand was resting on his chest. Without her trying she looked too beautiful to be true, to exist even. He was captivated. Her skin glowing with the soft morning sun rays falling on her, the black eyelashes hiding her onyx eyes touching her cheekbones, her cheeks squished to his chest, and her mouth slightly parted. She looked adorable and extremely soft. That he couldn't control himself and ran his fingers along every feature of her face, from tracing her sharp eyebrows to her straight nose, parted lips, jawline, and neck. He watched her sleep like a creep. Observing her every moment and feeding it to his memories forever. He felt his chest fill with warmth. He didn't want it but also can't help it. Unintentionally it happened. Just when she stirred, her eyes and nose scrunched cutely like a baby who got disturbed while sleeping, his heart fluttered weirdly, and a soft admiring smile formed on his lips. He quietly observed her like she was his baby, and that she was for him, his doe, his baby.

Blinking to rid the sleep and confusion of her mind, she blindly stared back at him, remembering the last night, specifically their first date, and how she fell asleep in his arms stargazing. Like an avalanche, several emotions crashed her, shame, guilt, self-reprimand, anger, fear. She can tell, he can easily see her every emotion reflected through her eyes by his frowning. And suddenly she became painfully aware of their position, snuggling on the couch together under the blanket. Feeling self-conscious she got up abruptly, comforter falling on the sand in the process. Standing, she fixed her dress. Tucking a strand of hair, she glanced at him sitting up. Immediately she ran inside the mansion, to avoid any kind of confrontation. Last night was a mistake. She shouldn't have allowed it to happen. Now he will think he can do more things to her. No, she has to clear things. Last night whatever she did was a moment's weakness, nothing else.

Elijah saw her run inside after she panicked. He himself was confused by his changing behavior. Sighing, he laid back down, thinking about himself since the moment he saw her. She, like a storm, wrecked his world. He is changing, specifically becoming soft. He never cuddled like he did last night or showed any kind of affection. If anyone saw him last night, they wouldn't have believed their eyes. Elijah Mancini was known as a ruthless prince for a reason. And currently, that very title was threatened by his behavior towards his doe. He is not as hard and rough with her since the pool incident. Should he be worried about this, or should go back to the way he was with her? He knows he couldn't. From the moment he got aware of his feelings for her, a strange protectiveness grew in him for her. He remembers how he can't tolerate seeing her sad and hurt. And till now he is the reason for all of her pain. He recalls the way he brought her true self back and arranged the date, which he never did before. Anyone in her shoes would have been over the moon for the special treatment from him, but not her. She was annoyed, to say the least, and he irritated her more. He loved doing it. She is so cute and tempting while angry. He just wants to jump on the bed with her whenever she pouts and frowns angrily in frustration. She is freaking gorgeous!

He watched the sky above with his both hands behind his head in a laying position. The blue cloudless sky resembles his life which used to be a grey, dark cloud-filled stormy sky. But like a sun, his doe brightened it. Her mere presence is enough to light up his life. And he desperately wants it to stay the same since he got the taste of it. So it doesn't matter if he becomes soft. He is changing only for his doe, he is soft and caring only for her. Only she can see his this side, only her. And it's only for her, his doe, nobody else.