Under Your Umbrella (Socks x Meme)

Requested by: @Noelle_UwU
Main characters: Socks and Meme
Ships: Memesfor1 (Socks x Meme)
Au: Kid au/ School au/ Future au

~{❤️🧡💛💚💙💜}~

The sky was grey black and the large clouds were moving around in the once blue sky. A wet tap on his shoulder made him looked up from the ground. People ran for cover outside and umbrellas were opened as the clouds spat out water. Puddles began plinking as the rainfall became heavier. The roofs of the cars danced with spray and he could heard the murmuring of the rain through his ears silently.

Meme sighed in defeat, standing in front of the school front gate, soaking wet by the rain. He had been standing there for an hour and that only means his parents are busy again and can't pick him up at his first day in primary school. He being unlucky that the rain just suddenly came out of nowhere.

Fortunately, his parents had taught him the way home from his new school and the only problem was that his whole body would probably be covered in water when he get back home which is a high chance of catching a cold.

As Meme was about to feel the cold water dripping through his head, a shadow appeared next to him and somehow all the rain on top of him were gone. In curious, he turned his head to see a kid who looks almost same age as him with orange cap on along with the same uniform as him, holding a umbrella over him, smiling at him.

"Hi! I'm Socks! I saw you standing here for a while so I thought that maybe you need some accompany!" The kid stated cheerfully. Meme looked up at the umbrella and looked back at the kid named 'Socks' and accepted the accompany.

"My name is Meme" He responded, smiling back.

~{❤️🧡💛💚💙💜}~

It's had been a week since Meme met Socks at their first day of primary school and Meme had already started to like his new friend's company. Now, both of them were having a sleepover at his house since Socks accompanied Meme all the way back home, got to know his parents and they appreciated for the help and soon became great friends.

"Hey, Meme! Have you ever wondered how does space really look like?" Socks questioned his friend, looking at him as they are in Meme's bedroom right now. "No? Why?" Meme answered and asked him.

"I saw some books that includes a lot of stuffs about space a year ago and I gotta admit it is really awesome!" Socks exclaimed aloud, using his hands to try describe how awesome it is. Meme raised an eyebrow at him but kept quiet, letting his friend continuing. "I have decide to become a spaceman when I'm more older!" Socks stated happily.

"What about you?" He asked, noticing his friend's silent reply's. "A doctor!" Meme responded within seconds. "I want to help more sick patients in the hospital! Just like my parents!" He added.

"A doctor? Doesn't that needs a lot of science stuffs and more things...?" Socks questioned, raising an eyebrow, not knowing the correct word for it. "Well- I don't know about that... but I'm still gonna be a doctor when I'm older! It is confirmed!" Meme said in a proud tone. "Besides, don't spaceman needs some... uhh space knowledge thing...?" He added.

"Well, I don't care about that yet!" Socks exclaimed. "But whatever we do, promise that we have to be best friends forever and never leave each other" He continued, saying it aloud along with Meme nodding in agreement.

"Pinky promise?" Socks asked, holding out his hand.

"Pinky promise!" Meme said, accepting it.

~{❤️🧡💛💚💙💜}~

"...Do you have to go...?" Socks mumbled in sadness and hurt, looking at his friend. Meme nodded his head in response. "Sadly yes... my parents needs to move somewhere else cause of their work" He stated, rubbing the back of his head.

"You broke the promise..." Socks mumbled.

Meme bit his lips nervously, not sure what to do. It wasn't his fault that his parents needed to move somewhere far away which means breaking the promise they made a year ago. Without thinking, he gave Socks a warm hug which startled him for a moment before he slowly accepted it.

"MEME! ARE YOU DONE?" A voice shouted.

Both of them pulled away from the hug at the source of the voice. Meme took a glance at Socks whom had a sad face on, placed a gentle kiss on his cheek and ran away in embarrassment without saying another word. Socks stood shock for a second, touching his cheek before frowning and started to walk away from his friend's old house.

As well as the once blue sky turned grey and started crying along with the tears running down his cheeks.

~{❤️🧡💛💚💙💜}~

Socks stood inside the bus stop as the heavy rain started once again. He frowned as he noticed that he forgot to bring a umbrella nor a rain coat to work today. He sighed in defeat, looking up at the grey sky and praying it would stop sooner.

Speaking of the rain, Socks frowned again as he remembered his first meet with Meme when both of them were kids. It's had been fifteen years since both of them met each other and he still couldn't forget the warm feeling when his blue friend placed a kiss on his cheek that day.

While he was lost in his own thoughts, a shadow appeared next to him which snapped him out of his thoughts. Socks turned to see a black haired teenager with blue eyes, holding an umbrella over him, smiling at him. The same way he did towards Meme during primary school....

Wait-

Socks's eyes widen in surprise, finally recognising the teenager in front of him. "Meme..?" He asked quietly. The teenager nodded in response, chuckling at his reaction. That action made Socks blushed all of a sudden... it just looks so... charming and cute...

"Long time no see, Socks"

Done !!!

I gotten this umbrella idea when I was thinking about the rewrite for 'Shy Love' where Socks and Meme first met under an umbrella during a rainy day but soon forget it and now I have bring it back!

This doesn't have much love expression... but it sound really romantic... for me...

Honestly- I don't really know what's the name for this au so the au name might not be suitable...

A little rush at the ending so...

Hope you all enjoy!!!

Words Count: 1090