A Different Friend

Requested by: @Moony7Draco
Main characters: Nadwe and Muffin
Ships: None
Au: Vampire au/ Orphanage au/ Young au
Author Note: Nadwe and Muffin are 9 years old in this au as the other crew are a few years older apart from some that are adults.

~{❤️🧡💛💚💙💜}~

"Ok- I'm definitely lost..." Muffin mumbled in fear.

Muffin's gaze scanned his surroundings, seeing the similar tall trees around him in the forest just make his heart skipped a beat in fear. He should have just listen to his 'teacher' to not play in the forest with his other friends. He shouldn't even joined them in playing hide and seek in the first place!

Muffin sighed in defeat as he continued to walk around the forest to test his luck to see if he could magically found his way back to his only home. From what he heard from his 'teachers', his home which he and his friends were staying at right now was called an 'orphanage' which made him confused that why would they named their own house with a word that he clearly doesn't know about it yet.

Muffin eventually walked in a big circle in the forest as he was already out of breath. He got some injuries from tripping over a branch by accident and was lucky that it didn't really hurt that much. He looked up to see the once blue sky had turned into a orange colour. With the fear inside of him growing even more, now all he wanted was to have someone by his side or go back to his home safely.

Suddenly, a sound which sound like groan to Muffin startled him as he turned towards the direction of the voice in fear. Filled with curiosity and fear, he slowly went towards the source of voice and after a short walk, a figure under a shady tree caught his attention.

The figure looks the same age as him, maybe older. He has two top hats on his head, has black hair , wearing what seems like a suit to Muffin. The weird part is that the figure has red eyes, pale skin which have some burn marks on it.

While Muffin was still in confusion, the figure had already noticed him and started to growl at him like an wild animal. He flinched in response but didn't move a muscle from his hiding spot since he doesn't want to be alone in the cold dark forest during the nighttime.

The figure kept on glaring at him as the awkward silent stayed in the atmosphere until Muffin decided to break the silence. "Uh- um... Hi...?" He shuttered nervously, taking a step forward from his hiding spot slowly. Seeing the figure didn't respond, he continued to take more step forward and managed to sit beside the figure who raised an eyebrow at him.

Muffin gulped at the sudden cold touch from the figure but stayed calm. "So... are you okay? You kinda have some burn marks on you..." He asked, gesturing towards the visible black marks on his pale white skin. The figure looked at him in confusion in response. "Aren't you scare of me?" He managed to say in a weird deep tone.

"Why would I be scare of you?" Muffin joked as he chuckled in response. The figure seems to relax a bit hearing Muffin's response. "The burn marks... I just kinda got burned by the sun..." He answered in a calm tone instead of the weird deep tone in honest.

"How could the sun burned you?" Muffin asked innocently, raising an eyebrow at him in confusion.

The figure opened and closed his mouth a few times but soon let Muffin earned a silent response. Muffin noticed the sad expression from the figure and thinks it's not the best time to question that as he changed the subject. "Since we're kinda having a great conversation, why not get to know each other?" He stated, saying it more like a question.