❄️꧁19꧂❄️

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣: 19

❄️💎❄️

Third Person's Pov

A small figure slept in the bed all alone. The bed was neatly made, his books neatly inside the cupboard, his shoes polished, and his uniform neatly kept.

He tossed and turned for he was scared of the monsters living underneath his bed. In his young heart, he yearned for his mothers' touch but in his mind, he knew she did not love him.

Aditya was lucky, at least his mother stayed with him under the same roof. Poor Karthik had been sent far away with a new nanny every year.

No matter how much he wanted his parents near he knew it was a false hope.

They did not love him. They made sure he knew he was just an Oberoi thus needed for the business legacy-he was not their son. He sat up on the bed when the fear became too prominent...there was no adult in sight. Who could he go to soothe his fears?

The nightmares oh how much he hated them! But in hopes of watching his mother run to him when he cried in sleep, made him read all the horror stories he could find.

Every night he went to bed with a small hope in his heart. Kissing the only photograph he had of his parents' goodnight he went to sleep, only to wake up with no one by his side as he wept in fear. Slowly as each day passed his hope dwindled and he stopped weeping but the fear was instilled within and it made it impossible to relax.

This time too he was distressed, he kept tossing around in his bed. His eleven-year-old body shivered uncontrollably as he sat upon the bed. He sighed sadly and went in the direction of the first aid box.

He knew he had been running a fever but he somehow did not bother informing the maids.

Nobody asked so he kept his mouth shut. He looked around for the thermometer and with weak shaky hands kept it still in his mouth for a minute, he was sure his eyes were bloodshot but he paid no attention to it.

'I wish ma was here' he thought quietly as he waited with the thermometer in his mouth. A minute passed and he withdrew the thing from his mouth only to see it read 101 F.

He went to the bedside table where he had previously kept his medications. He was young but not stupid for he had remembered to check the expiry before taking the medicine. He remembered almost all the medications and what were they used for, living without adults does that to you.

He went to his bathroom and refilled his bowl of water and then dipped his already soaking handkerchief and went to lay in bed.

Keeping the cloth on his head he took out his favorite math book. He loved math, it calmed him. He solved as many sums as he could until sleep came to him. Gently prying the cloth from his head he shivered but closed his eyes shut.