💫✨꧁27꧂✨💫

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣: 27

💫🌟💫

Third Person POV

Anaira has been acting weird.

Karthik thought as he slumped back in his chair. He had a meeting in a few minutes but all he could think about was how emotional his wife was acting since the morning.

She was acting as if her dog died!

He huffed and picked up his cellphone but it rang anyway. He checked the caller and found it to be her. He hurriedly picked it up.

When he did pick up his heart raced at her voice. She was crying.

And she was crying very badly.

"Meri Jaan?" He sat on his chair. Alert.

"K-arthik?"

His heart skipped a beat at the way she enquired whether it truly was him on the other line.

"Yes, baby?" He gulped but then paused when she spoke up.

"My boss yelled at me," in a small voice she spoke and then hiccuped as she finished speaking.

Karthik's heart felt somehow tormented at that.

"Why, Jaan?" Gritting his teeth in anger and frustration he calmly asked her.

"Because I applied for leave." Anaira sniffed sadly, her lips wobbled.

"I don't feel well, Karthik." He could hear the exhaustion in her voice. A tick in his jaw appeared, and he clenched his hand to the point his knuckles turned white.

He needed to have a chat with someone real quick.

Karthik did not tell her but the company she was working for was owned by one of his associates.

"Meri Jaan, calm down.
Where are you right now?" He spoke quickly and raised a finger at Suraj who came to remind him about his meeting.

Suraj on the other hand blinked hard. He could not believe what he heard out of his Boss's mouth.

His bitchy, insensitive, always angry at the world boss calls his wife Meri Jaan?!

What in the damn world?

"Have I finally snapped?" He whispered and lightly slapped the back of his head.

'It would be no surprise if I really did though,'

Suraj shook his head and looked in the direction of a weirded-out Karthik looking at him with an eyebrow raised. His phone was still pressed against his ear whilst his hands were busy collecting his files.