✨💫Epilogue 💫✨

✨💫✨

✨Anaira's PoV✨

A burning building, a huge fire, a man trapped inside of it.

My breathing quickened when I realised just how similar it all was to what happened with me, with Karthik.

I gulped, my hand cradled my growing stomach with such fear of the unknown that I was left breathless for a while.

My own flashbacks from what was playing in front of me on the screen made my heart quicken. It thumped loudly in my ear and I felt a thick drop of sweat glide down my forehead.

I knew my forehead was drenched in sweat. I shook my head to rid myself of the images that I knew haunted me till date.

"My poor son,"

I shook my head again, her voice taunting me from the depths of my memories, memories I wanted to lock away, far away.

"I knew you were a bad omen,"

One tear slipped from my eye, I hugged my stomach even more firmly. My baby kept me grounded when these memories became too much.

"How I wish he never married you,"

Another tear slipped and soon a third one followed, I bit my lips to suppress the need to sob.

"You took him from me."

I gasped when my baby kicked me hard in the rib, I groaned but smiled nonetheless for her efforts to keep me away from hurting myself further.

I caressed her and smiled, this time a little wider.

My blessing.
My little sweetheart.

"I know Coco, I miss daddy too," another kick followed and I suppressed the need to groan. This baby is squeezing my fucking organs.

I remember the time I saw his building burning from outside.
The flashbacks of that time have been playing in my head since then.

No matter how long it takes... I don't think I will ever be able to forget it. Even if the same thing is shown in movies... I cannot take it lightly...it pushes me back in the past.

I caressed my stomach again, my eyes fell upon the scene where the heroine finally arrived, she was cradling her pregnant stomach when someone pushed her out of the way in panic. She fell.

I switched the TV off before I even watched the next part.

Why the hell did I even pick that movie?

Fear gripped me and I gripped my stomach with fresh tears in my eyes.

What if...what if something happened to Coco?

What would I do...?

I was only a few weeks away from my due date. I've heard of countless possibilities...a thousand things that could go wrong.

What.. would I do if...No! Stop thinking.

Ani breathe in and out. In and out.

I followed the pattern and rubbed my stomach but tears still dropped from my eyes.
Pregnancy, ladies and gentlemen. I've been crying almost every other day, I remember crying over a baby cockroach that I killed.

I also remember crying over a mug I dropped. I remember crying over the sock I couldn't lift from the floor.

I remember crying over everything.