🌺꧁21꧂🌺

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣: 21

🌺💫🌺

Third Person POV

The man huffed and leaned back on his office chair, the only place where he could relax.

His wife was a handful. To say the least.

He was sure had he been married to a ten-year-old- this still wouldn't have been so hectic...not that he would willingly marry a minor, that would be disturbing.

He closed his eyes and felt dread looking at the huge pile of files on the desk.

Work just didn't seem to end. He was so tired that moving a finger felt like one huge task.

Karthik took in a deep breath and pushed past the fatigue.
His eyes wandered off to his coat on the hanger, his lips twitched a little.

The madwoman somehow mistook him for a ghost and while that happened two weeks ago, Karthik could not forget about it.

Like he had said before, everything about her was so uniquely idiotic that it was impossible not to look at her.

'I can never understand her brain.'

He thought and picked up a file. Skimming through the entire thing his eyes fixated on a word.

Chocolate.

Although it was a contract about the new cafe franchises that he planned on starting very soon...only one word stood out the most to him. That being chocolate.

'Anaira would love to go there.

He shook his head as soon as the thought came and focused his attention on the task at hand.

Karthik Singh Oberoi had taken the Oberoi group to yet another level in the past three years.

He expanded the business thrice as much and even though he was an Oberoi, a son coming from a well-established family. Karthik made sure to establish an entirely new line of business, one that he was the sole owner of.

It was safe to say Karthik was richer than his father ever was in his time.

So even if Rajat Singh Oberoi ever disowned him, Karthik would never be destroyed.
He smirked at his achievements.
This was the reason why he loved working so hard.

It wasn't that he was a workaholic like everyone believed him to be, Karthik just loved rubbing it in his father's face that his good-for-nothing son was richer and more successful than he ever was.

Karthik loved flaunting his success in his father's face. While it was joyous to look at his father's irritated face, it left repercussions on Karthik's health.