🔷🔹Lost Cause-II🔹🔷

🔹🔷Lost Cause🔷🔹

While he saw everyone laugh around him, Aryan's own lips stretched into a smile. Weddings were so bright, one can never stay still in one place but it is worth it—the bright smiles on people's faces, beautifully decorated surroundings, and so much hype. Aryan fixed the color of his Kurta as he walked inside the room Virat had been occupying.

He knew Virat was nervous, it was his wedding after all. And plus he knew the circumstances in which they were getting married. After Isha's family got to know about them, they were very apprehensive of the couple. At first, they demanded the couple immediately break off things and go their separate ways, but Virat and Isha were adamant. Isha had fought really hard against her family for things to turn out in their favor. And in the end, it did.

When he opened the door to his best friend's room he stilled in his place when he saw him. Virat was nowhere near ready as he stuffed his things inside of a bag, hastily turning around to stare at Aryan dead in the eye. For a moment Aryan refused to believe his eyes, choosing only to listen to his heart as it screamed at him to have faith in his friend. Virat wouldn't leave Isha...he has fought too hard...they both fought too hard...why would Virat want to bail now?

"Virat?" cautiously Aryan neared his childhood friend, gulping as he took in the sight in front of him again. Virat's clothes (one that he was supposed to wear at his wedding) were messily thrown on the bed. Virat breathed heavily and shook his head, turning around to pack the remaining things he had with himself.

"Virat what is the meaning of this? What are you doing?" Aryan spoke in surprise, harshly snatching a garment from Virat's hands when he did not answer him. "Virat!" Aryan yelled harshly grabbing onto his friend by the shoulder and turning him around to stare at him in the eye.

"Virat, bhai, tell me what's wrong?" this time Aryan lowered his voice when Virat huffed loudly. Impatiently Aryan shook his again but Virat harshly pushed him away.

"I cannot do this." Aryan's heart stopped at the brutal words, and anger along with confusion surged through him. "Do what Virat?" He snatched the bag out f his arms and pushed Virat back angrily, "I cannot marry her, I-I am not ready." Aryan stilled but controlled his anger and disbelief, he could try and talk Virat out of it. It was a huge step and it was understandable he wanted to bail out of nervousness. It was just nervousness speaking, Virat was just nervous. That is what Aryan repeated in his head and slowly sighed.

"Virat you're just nervous-"

"No, I am not. I am not ready. I don't want to get married."

"Virat listen, it Isha bhai, you're going to marry Isha. She is no stranger to you." Virat shook his head and grabbed a hold of his hair in a tight grip, face red he pointed a finger at Aryan in frustration. 

"Who said I ever wanted to marry her?" Aryan's jaw dropped, disbelief stamped on his once happy face, he was always under the impression that Virat loved Isha.

"Bhai...Its Isha...you...you love Isha, Virat..." Aryan said softly as if trying to get it across his head that Virat was going to commit a huge mistake if he left.  Aryan halted when instead of any love...he saw Virat's eyes burn with arrogance, something snapped in his heart at that moment, something close to disgust.

"Look Aryan...she's stupid. She was but a fling, she is attractive, yes, but she's stupid. I could not break her heart. But I do not want to get married bhai I have a life ahead of me." Virat scoffed and arrogantly put a hand on Aryan's shoulder, patting him reassuringly. "She'll get a good man and if she doesn't," Virat shrugged unbothered, "well it is her bad luck." Aryan's blood ran cold. He had never expected such cruel words to come out of Virat's mouth.