🔷Lost Cause-I🔷

Hi beloved readers! I have heard some requests from some people that they desperately wanted to read Aryan's book, now I do not plan to write a full fledged book for him but he is too good a charector to not write anything about--right?

So here's the plan, I will write approx two chapters for him under this very story and then we will continue with our same old Anaira-Karthik banter and bickering. Sounds good?

Also please please communicate, your comments make me happy enough to write, I get excited when I see you comment and that makes me write these chapters faster. 

🔹🔷Lost Cause🔷🔹

Betrayal.

A simple word but holds a different memory for each one of us. For some it is getting cheated on by someone you trusted, for some people it is equivalent to a stab wound...it may only fester if not treated. Unlike the flesh, this wound is leaves behind scars on the heart. 

Isha felt her heart break with each passing minute she sat in front of the holy fire, waiting. The enraged shouts, profanities being barked with such venom in the speakers voice, silent mocking murmurs of those who had come in response to the invitation, her mothers soft sobbing and her fathers snickering voice arguing with her uncle who tried to calm him down...all this became too overwhelming...so now she had opted to turning a bling eye to it all.

People love to talk. They love to make remarks. They enjoy gossiping at the the cost of another. It did not matter if she was at fault.

The groom was missing. He had abandoned her after promising her a future so undeniably beautiful with him. The fantasies she had woven in her mind with the one she so obviously loved had been mocking her. All the sweet moments, the promises of love and affection. The moments they had spent together making love to one another.

Maybe it was not love at all...maybe it was all pretense to get in her pants.

Had he loved her...leaving her behind to bear with the insults all alone would have been an overwhelming thought to process.
Yet, here she was...hours after offering her gratitude to the one above for making everything right in the end, thanking the almighty with all her heart for the happiness he had given her in those five years with him. 

A lone tear slipped from her eye, a stray comment from someone had lodged itself in her heart.

"Maybe all he wanted was sex, men these days do not care."

Her breath hitched, another tear followed. It was true...all he wanted was sex. It was true. Men do not care-

She heard a few gasps from her mother, after trying to send some of the relatives away, she had stopped to stare at her silent daughter. But alas, this had become a reason for them to gossip about...why would they want to leave?

Isha turned her eyes to look at her mother , she stood beside her staring at the front and when she had followed her gaze her eyes landed on the figure standing faw away. He was wearing the grooms clothes. Isha felt her heart stop before it hammered again loudly against her chest at the possibility of him returning.

Maybe Virat decided to come back. Maybe there was an emergency that required his attention. Maybe he got stuck somewhere-

"Aryan.." her hopes shattered as soon as they built up. It was not Virat. Virat had abandoned her...he had really left her. Instead of him, his best friend was walking to the where she was. A determined look in his eyes as regret and something close to disgust swirled around in those dark orbs. Perhaps it was disgust towards her. Like everybody, he too was disgusted by her.