un.

DISCLAIMER: I am not from Memphis. PLACES AND HOODS WILL BE FICTIONAL DUE TO MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE. Cry about it if you don't like it.
vote and comment.

zy•ora

"We've been here for a whole work shift! I told you we should've went to grandma's house last night." Ziora complained standing in front of Kingdom Living Church.

"We can't go to grandma house every time we don't want to go to church" her sister Zara rolled her eyes, she was annoyed with being at church for going on 8 hours, which made her annoyed by her sister.

"and why the hell not?" Ziora placed her hand on her hips, ready to get out of the heels she wore.

"Zi, your language... we're in front of a church" Zara face lit up noticing her parents walking out the door.

"Girl, shut up Big G knows my heart." The sisters rushed to the car jumping in the backseat.

Ziora and Zara attended church with their parents two Sundays out of every month. It had been that way since they moved back into a home with their parents. The 25 year olds dropped everything to move with their parents, meaning they were back in their home until they could save money and move out.

"Ma, play Rod Wave." Ziora joked as they drove further from Cordova into South Memphis where they now resided.

The parents followed their church congregation to Tennessee. The loyalty to them was weird but she couldn't complain she was so ready to leave the state of Virginia.

"Rod who? Imma beat you with a damn Rod if you ask me to play him again." Her mom turned around playfully mugging her.

"Not the cussing right after church." Scrunching her face up she flinched when her mom sent a playful smack to her thigh.

"When you get home, go change. We're meeting a girl from my job." Zara and Ziora looked at the Snapchat of her co-worker Angel. In the background there were three niggas that wore big icy chains and dressed in designer clothes.

"Why I gotta go with you?" Ziora checked her phone for notifications, she sighed when she noticed it was just Fashion Nova. She wasn't waiting for a text from anyone but she figured since she paid her bill she could at least receive some damn messages.

"You know I'm not going anywhere without you."

Ziora sighed, getting out of the car when they pulled in front of their home. She rushed upstairs to shower and change. She couldn't lie, she was excited about going somewhere other than being home and going to work.

Unlike Zara, she couldn't find anyone worth hanging out with at her job. She barely spoke, she always had 'nigga thoughts' and the white people wouldn't understand

She decided to not do too much, this was only considered her being on "the block" but she still needed to be fly. She was new to South Memphis and she couldn't get caught looking like a bum.