― two : love-hate

Hana's eyes went wide with realization, "hanahaki

Hana's eyes went wide with realization, "hanahaki..." she mumbled.

"hanaha...What and yeah what ?" Yujin looked at her friend dumbfounded and asked the other one in confusion.

"hanahaki, Yujin !" Hana exclaimed as she put her hand to cover her mouth from the shock.

"w-what's that Hana ? And why did I throw up petals !" Yujin asked, still confused about the situation.

"I don't know much about it, I've never seen anyone with it, it's a disease" Hana explained and paused and Yujin made a 'carry on' face and Hana continued, "it's a disease where one who suffers from unrequited love throws up petals"

"P-petals ? How do I recover ?" Yujin exclaimed.

"It will only cease if the person equally loves you b-back" Hana explained.

"b-but―

"Hana, Yujin ? Heeseung is looking for you" a girl entered the washroom to inform the two girls.

"will you be okay ?" Hana turned to Yujin to which Yujin nodded but then she felt dizzy again and threw up a few more petals.

"woah, d-dandelions" Hana was left in awe at the sight of the yellow flowers but Yujin was quick enough to throw the flowers away.

"Are you feeling okay ?" Hana worriedly questioned Yujin as she patted her back softly. "I didn't know you had a crush"

"I-it was just a simple crush."

"No, it wasn't, it still is. How come I didn't know of it ? How long has it been ?" Hana pouted.

"it's just a crush of five years, not quite a big deal" Yujin replied, too scared to have greater expectations from her small crush.

"Five is a big deal, Yujin ! Oh my god, who is it ?" Hana squealed but Yujin just kept quiet.

"Hey, where did you two go ? Jinie, are you okay ?" Heeseung questioned immediately as he spotted the two girls enter the cafeteria. How ironic.

The nickname sent a weird feeling to Yujin, Heeseung had always used the nickname for her and everytime he did, it made her fall for him more.

"I'm okay Heeseung, you don't need to worry" Yujin assured Heeseung.

"No you're not Yujin. You should go back home, I'll inform the teacher that you're sick" Hana insisted.

"Yujin, are you sick ? Do you need any help ? Shall I accompany you ?" Heeseung worriedly questioned as he placed his hand on her forehead. Her forehead was hot but it wasn't fever, she felt electrified by his touch.

"I'll be okay, I'll go back.." Yujin assured the others and walked towards the exit. Looking back, she saw Hana smiling at Heeseung. There was some kind of happiness between them which Yujin always wanted to feel.

yujin quickly dropped her bag on the bed and sat down on the chair with a laptop, not even bothering to change her clothes.

she searched for the details of this disease and as soon as the results came, she tapped on a few tabs and started reading carefully.

After she had read quite a few articles, she closed her laptop and plopped onto the bed, looking up to the ceiling as her mind lured around to memories.

she felt soft tears roll down her eyes and buried her face in a pillow, leaving it all wet from her tears.

'heeseung ?' she had liked him for five years she thought.

She loved his existence. She loved how Heeseung could make her laugh and smile even in the worst possible situations. How he could make Yujin feel confident about herself when the girl herself was low on self esteem. Heeseung always helped her with everything. He was always there for her during her tough times. He could make her smile when she would cry without a reason. She loved how Heeseung smiled at her, how he would embrace her and protect her.

She loved him so much that it was difficult to hate him. He was her polar opposite in many cases and she hated so many things he liked. She wanted to hate him yet she would only fall for her harder.

The person suffering from hanahaki would throw up petals of the flowers the lover liked, she read in an article.

"I hate dandelions, Heeseung."