― nine : a kiss

"look, it's not like that, it's just―

"Hana, why didn't she ever tell me !" heeseung said vaguely.

"Heeseung, she was―

"Nowadays, she's been trying to distance herself from me…why is it so ?" 

"Maybe she was afraid to tell you, Heeseung"

"We've been friends for so long, Hana. I've told her everything yet she always remains so hideous…"

"If you have the gut, then why don't you confront her yourself ?"

Heeseung didn't speak a word. Hana's proposal wasn't that bad but Heeseung had never confronted Yujin. Yes, it's true that they'd had fought quite a number of times before, but Heeseung was not someone who was in favour of hurting someone's feeling. Ironic, kinda.

Anyways, they didn't have much time after that to converse since it was already Hana's stop. Hana smiled at Heeseung and said, "think about it" before she left.

It would be much of an understatement to say that Heeseung wasn't amused. He had just been rejected by his crush and he wasn't much bothered about it. Probably he was giving himself the comfort of saying she needed time.

He had better things to do. He had to talk to Yujin.

Talking about Yujin, the scenario at her house was worse. Her mother had returned home and was honestly disappointed with her only daughter.

Unlike her father, Yujin's mother was more on the sophisticated side and she didn't really fancy the idea of a boy causing so much trouble to Yujin. She suggested that they may inform him but then Yujin's dad had to convince her mom to stay quiet for a while. 

Yujin hardly went out of her room. Thinking that her mother would have sympathized, she would have felt better but every time she'd get out, her mother would give her a disappointed look, making her feel like she was a burden. 

It was Friday and so she had a long weekend ahead. It was a sudden event, but Heeseung had called Yujin at 7 in the evening. 

"Hee, what's up ?"

"D-do you have time ?" Heeseung said.

"uh…yea ?"

"great, come out in a few, I'll be waiting" he said and without any delay, cut the call.