- seventeen : fly to my room

note : since I'm updating after quite a long break, I'd suggest you to read chapter fifteen once again before reading this chapter.

The sudden siren of the ambulance was indeed anl sight of attraction to the local passers-by and immediately after Yujin had dropped down completely unconscious. Hana, who was rather terrified at the sudden turn of events had immediately called the hospital and within half an hour, Yujin was held by electric wires and monitors in the dull gray lifeless hospital room.

"Knew i shouldn't have let her go all alone" was the only cry of despair that Mr. Kim let out while he sat on a bench and held his head in his hand, his body leaned forward.

Hana's brother had also come for help.

"What was her condition before she fainted ?" The doctor inquired.

"Uh well, she was having ice cream and said she was feeling suffocated. " Hana replied. "W-will she be okay ?"

"We have to conduct a ct scan to check the problem, since she's a hanahaki patient, careful measures need to be taken"

Hanahaki-the bridge between life and death, what a positive name for such a curse. In just a span of some months it had turned her life into a nightmare. Waking up to nauseousness and taking sleeping pills to have an interrupted sleep have become her daily routine.

"Have you informed Heeseung ?" Mrs. Kim questioned.

Hana shook her head, "he's at his grandmother's, i didn't think it'd be a good idea to make him worry"

Mrs. Kim nodded, she stared at the door again and opened it, before entering she turned, "i think you should give him a call, he needs to know"

Hana's eyes widened for a millisecond but she immediately nodded and strode off to the hospital cafeteria. Filling a paper cup with water up to the brim, she say down on one of the empty benches, pulled out her phone from her back pocket and dialled a number.

Missed call.

Of course he wouldn't pick up, she muttered to herself. It was an exact 17 minutes wait until her phone vibrated and she heard that voice again.

"Hana, quite an odd time to call" Heeseung said and the clinking of steel utensils could be heard, he was doing the dishes.

"When are you coming back ?"

"Woa there, no 'hi how are you doing'" Heeseung joked and added when no reply came, "I'm returning next week, anyhow classes won't resume until the end of the month"

Now that was a concern and for a moment, hearing his voice have Hana the peace she had not felt for the past few hours and after the hospital rush, she needed the comfort.

"Yujin is not well, Seung, she's in the hospital, she fainted in the middle of the road" Hana said it in one breath and for the next five seconds she could hear not even the sound of breathing.

A clashing sound broke he silence and she could hear Heeseung's mother scream in the background, ruffling noises explained that he had picked up the utensil from the ground but he did not speak.

"Heeseung, you better think logically and don't do anything wrong" Hana said.

"Where is she ?"

"She's gonna have tests done and currently she's under some medication. Mrs. Kim's with her"

"Where are you ?" Heeseung asked after a pause, "are you okay ?"

No, I'm not. I'm worried. I'm worried about Yujin, I'm worried about you, Seung.

"I'm okay Heeseung."

"Did you eat ?"

"Yes, i had ice-cream"

A pause.

"Hana, you better have some proper food and not starve yourself, bye, i have to hang up." He cut the call.

Heeseung still cares but Hana's lost her chance.

-

"Yujin, are you feeling better ?" Hana spoke as she rushed into the hospital room after an hour.

Yujin had woken up and got two tests done. Her father had just taken her mother to have some food and Hana's brother had gone to get the test results. Hana sat on the left side and stared at Yujin.

"I'm not okay, Hana" Yujin sighed.

The first time she's ever said it.

"If anything ever happens to me, Hana, just know, I've loved you and I'd want you as my friend everytime."

"Stupid" Hana whispered and her voice slightly shivered, "you're getting well"

"I'll take the surgery, Hana, i will."

That was what made Hana smile after several hours.

"Does he know ?" Yujin asked after a pause.

"I do"

"Heeseung..." Yujin said as Hana stared at the door, wide open now, with Heeseung panting to catch a breath.

"Sorry for being late, taxis from the station are hard to find"

-