― seven : heartbreak

"what ?"

"what ?"

Heeseung blushed. He whispered,
"You heard me..."

"Oh" Yujin sighed, shocked at how matters had taken turn. She felt a rollercoaster ride of emotions in her.

Heeseung,the one who was the reason for her hanahaki, had confessed...about having a crush on her best friend, Hana.

Did Hana know of this ? A-and...no, Yujin should have known. She should have known when they had acted so close to each other; when Heeseung had guessed her favorites.

Yujin was embarrassed, flustered, and devastated. This wasn't what she had expected. Wasn't he supplied to confess to her, cure her disease and have a happy ending ? But life isn't a fairytale, it's more like a tragic path.

"But what were you saying ?" Heeseung said.
Yujin looked at him surprised. So he had not heard her. Her voice had been soft enough for him to not hear.

"O-oh, it's nothing"

Well, fuck. You can't say things like you have something to confess and then go on like it's nothing, it leaves the opposition party curious and Heeseung wasn't the type to let go of it that easily.

"You can't do that, Jinie, tell me what it is" Heeseung said. He stopped his bicycle and looked at her.

Yujin was in no state to even confess the rest. She had not realized that when her confession would not be reciprocated, she'd have a rush of flowers in her throat. Yujin felt her head was reeling.

Her pace slowed and she slowly crouched down, holding onto her chest firmly. It felt like her life was going to end. She felt thumps on her chest as if someone was striking her with a hammer.

Heeseung had not noticed Yujin's condition but when he had finally stopped his cycle to turn around, he saw his friend on the street. He rushed to her and sat down beside him.

"J-jinie, what's wrong ? A-are you not feeling well ? Hey," he was panicking. He patted her back, looking around for help and stood up immediately to bring help but Yujin pulled him back by his shirt.

She covered her mouth with one hand and held tightly onto his shirt with another. Her eyes partly closed as she muttered inaudible words. Heeseung was scared. He had never seen her in such a bad state and honestly, he didn't know what to do.

And then something happened that Yujin had feared. She was unable to hold it back and in a minute, a bunch of dandelions lay on the floor.
Yujin coughed and stammered, afraid heeseung might come to know of it.