- fifteen : our last date

Hanahaki was getting worse day by day. It has been around four days since the last Yujin had seen Heeseung.

Honestly speaking, she had fun there, she felt alive once again. It was as if hanahaki didn't bother her anymore, being with heeseung was enough to make her happy, aa if all negative feelings were burned down to dust.

But happiness is a temporary feeling in life, so was it in Yujin's life.
Just to remind you of the symptoms and adverse effects of hanahaki : throwing up frequently.
She never knew the reason she was throwing up so heavily. Everytime she threw up, the bathroom was flooded with clusters of flowers and blood everywhere. A new addition to this feeling was an extreme pain in the chest. You know those sudden moments when you get a sudden pain in the chest and you feel like you're about to die ? Well, it was kinda like that, except that, it was a much long-lasting pain.

-

Yujin waited for her name to be called out, she was the 2nd last in line and it wouldn't be until 15 more minutes until her time came so she pulled out her cellphone and ringed the first number.

"yes, say"

"Nothing, i was bored"

"Kim yujin, i just paused my show to pick up your call, don't nothing-i-was-bored me"

"Don't be dramatic, Hana" yujin chuckled and soon heard a soft laugh on the other side of the call.

"Where are you, yujin ?"

"I came to the doctor, Hana, i don't feel good"

"I'm telling you, I'm not gonna hear anymore excuses, you better get the surgery, I've seen enough of the 'true-love' shit"

"I know, i know" yujin replied, twirling a small thread from her side bag which hung from her left shoulder.

"Did your father not come ?"

"He wanted to...but, i refused, i don't want him to worry"

"Yujin, you'll only end up hurting yourself" and then Hana went on to give a long lecture..but Yujin did not pay attention to all of it.

Was it all worth it ?

"Hana, i need to go, it's my turn" yujin said after 10 mins and quickly thrashed her phone into her pocket and knocked on the door.

On receiving a response, she entered and sat down.

"Kim yujin, i remember you, the hanahaki girl"

Yujin blantly smiled.

"I suppose you haven't been doing great judging by your appearance"

"Definitely," Yujin replied, "I get a metallic taste when i have my meals, i throw up more often than i had thought, along with blood, everytime i lie down,i feel a lump near my chest, i feel suffocated"

"Yujin, i suggest you take the surgery"

"But that would mean, I'll lose my feelings for him and i might even forget him, isn't it?"

"It is, but i think you must have confessed to them and you don't have much time left. You came to me later than i had thought"

The room was quiet for the next few minutes until Yujin finally said, "I'll take the surgery"

-

"Yujin, i will do anything to keep you safe, but it is your life and it is your decision" her dad had to yujin when she has explained the entire situation to her.

So, it was all upto her...

-

"What ? Damn hanahaki !" Hana exclaimed and angrily munched onto her ice-cream.

"Shut up, kiddo, people are gonna think you're weird" Yujin laughed and carefully licked her ice-cream being sure not to drop it.

"Hey hey, i was fine until the forgetting-him part came in the surgery, like what the hell ?" Hana said again, "what kind of game is this universe playing?"

"Definitely a tough one" Yujin said, finally giving up on the licking idea and straight up biting the icecream and then feeling the sudden freeze.

"But you are still going to take the surgery, right ?"

"What no."

"Excuse, i think i heard it wrong"

"No, you heard it right, i won't take the surgery"

"You", Hana threw her bag at Yujin, "better. Take. The. Surgery."

"Hana, i cant afford to forget him"

"Yujin, you can still get close to him but you only have one life"

"Do you think we'll end up being this close as we now are ?" Yujin said and immediately changed the subject, "anyways, this icecream is hella cold, makes my lungs freeze"

"Huh, what ?"

"I-i don't know, I'm just having this suffocating feeling."

"Yujin, i don't think you're okay"

And as Hana had predicted, Yujin immediately threw up, icecream covered dandelions, the white icecream and the blood gave the bright flowers a strangely beauty and Yujin dropped her icecream and held onto her chest, trying her best to breath and held onto Hana who stumbled to the ground trying to hold Yujin while calling for help.

"Who said love couldn't kill ?" Yujin silently laughed, "darn you, hanahaki" she said before everything blacked out.

-