― eight : he knows

Heeseung was happy; he was enjoying his youth

Heeseung was happy; he was enjoying his youth. He was happy with the ones around him. Infact, his life was much different from Yujin's. He could easily blend with schoolmates and enjoyed extracurricular activities as well. Moreover, it was quite doubtful to see Heeseung with Yujin and Hana.

And about his crush on Hana, he himself did not realize it until a few days ago. He felt a certain happiness in him when he saw her face everyday, he knew her likes and dislikes, he paid special attention to her in class. But he never realized the melancholy hidden deep inside.

About Yujin…. he was worried. He had known it for sometime now. Yujin being ignorant of him was evident to him and he did not like it. He felt sad and torn apart when he had witnessed such a state of her that day. 

It was not until he sat on one of the computers in the lab in school to find out everything about hanahaki. And,alas, when he had found out what it actually was, he was thrown into a baffled state. 

He was amused ? Surprised ? Disappointed ? Or maybe he just didn't have any reactions ? The only thing he wished to immediately do was to go and hug her tightly. He was happy that she had a crush and then he felt sad as well for her present condition. 

"What are you doing ?" 

Heeseung snapped as his fingers clicked on the mouse to chance the tab as Yujin tries to peak into his computer.

"J-jinie…I didn't see you"

"Hey, you're still stuck with boring calculus? Gosh, I'm hungry, want to go for a snack ? It's almost recess." Yujin said as she stretched her arms and rested them on Heeseung's shoulder. An act that had never felt so different until now to Heeseung.

"oh, yuh." 

"Hey" Yujin seemed confused as she placed her left palm over Heeseung's forehead. "are you sick ?You don't act excited"

"Oh it's nothing, let's go to the cafeteria !" Heeseung quickly removed her palm and held it tightly to pull her to the exit. "Yujin, I had this question, are you okay ?"

"H-huh ?" Yujin was confused once again and she felt tensed up a bit, worried Heeseung would bring up that night's incident again, "yes, surely"

Heeseung smiled at his friend bitterly and hugged her, "Jinie, please stay by my side always"

Yujin, shocked, took a few seconds to realise that he had hugged her. All the warm feelings clustered inside her like crumpled paper unfolded themselves. She felt adrenaline rush through every inch of her body and she hugged him back, "I will be with you till my last breath, Hee…"

Heeseung was internally battling with himself whether to inform Hana about his discovery or not. The three of them sat in the cafeteria with their lunches. 

Yujin sat opposite to the two friends who sat beside each other. Usually it was Yujin who sat with Hana or her with Heeseung but Yujin had decided to sit apart. One of the reasons being the worst condition of hanahaki. It was almost nearing two months and she had still not confessed to him. How could she ? After all, he had confessed about having his crush on Hana.

If Yujin could not get Heeseung, she'd at least have her best friend be with him. And it wasn't like she didn't feel jealous or anything. Afterall, she's a human being too, and she felt heartbroken. Days passed by as she saw her own crush fall for her best friend and that shit hurt like hell.

Second reason was that she wanted the two of them to get close. She knew she didn't have much time and she had to do the right thing. It was to bring Heeseung and Hana together. This was her goal and even though it hurt so much, she felt happy to see the two of them smile.

Yujin had to go home early again because she had felt the same sick feeling again so it was just Hana and Heeseung returning home. 

Although quick enough, Heeseung had decided to confess to Hana. But, teenagers are awkward and confession in a bus was something uncommon. 

"Hey…uh, Hana, there's something I need to tell you" Heeseung turned to Hana. Hana smiled and looked at him, holding tightly onto the seats to prevent a bump on the road.

"Go on, Heeseung, I'm listening," she said.

"I..I like you" there, he said it.

"What ?"

"Uh, I have had these feelings for you for quite some time and it was a burden. I wasn't sure how you'd react but I decided to confess…you can reject if you want"

It was awkward. Hana was definitely not waiting to hear this. Did Yujin know of this ? Oh, Yujin would be so heartbroken if she came to know about this, she thought. Poor Hana, someone tell her that Yujin already knows.

"Ahh, it must be so easy for you to confess, right ?" Hana said, remembering how her best friend literally had a crush for 5 years. Hana was very much aware of Yujin's crush and although Yujin had never really confessed directly, it was obvious that the crush was the boy right beside her. "Have you ever thought of what a burden it would be to someone who has had a crush for more than 5 years on the same person ?"

"It's tough, isn't it ? I've been holding back for a few weeks while they've been for years, that's a strong heart" 

"Yes and yet they are withering away before the blooming buds" Hana sighed. "Heeseung, I'll give you advice, please think about your true feelings which are hidden away. You're an amazing person who deserves someone good."

"And you think you're not worth it ?"

"I've never said that, it's just that, I want you to find yourself. Find the one in whom you find your happiness."

No one spoke for sometime. Everything was quite. Heeseung himself wasn't quite sure whether he was rejected or not. Anyhow he didn't bring up the topic anymore wanting to reflect more on Hana's words. But then he realized, this was the perfect chance to inform Hana about Yujin.

"Hana"

"Hmm ?"

"Did you know Yujin had hanahaki ?"

That was it, it seemed as if Hana had choked on air and looked at Heeseung with eyes widened with shock.

"So, you knew…. and I was the only one who didn't…" Heeseung let out a sad, mocking chuckled, a feeling of disappointment gushed up his chest.