― three : surgery

"so, did you talk to your mother about it ?" Hana questioned

"I just told her I wasn't feeling too well and she said to take the doctor's suggestion," Yujin replied.

"And...?" Hana urged, waiting to hear the rest of it.

"She wanted to come back to check on me but I refused"

"What!? Why would you do that ?" Hana exclaimed. "You might end up dying if this goes on !" She whisper-yelled.

"Because she's a busy woman, Hana, she has work !" Yujin protested.

"Yeah I know but you are her daughter, you're precious, dumbass !" Hana argued back as the two of them reached the hospital.

"Now's not the time to argue back, bitch !" Yujin replied, sending a glare to Hana.

The two of them stopped a nurse to enquire about a doctor who would be familiar with the situation. The nurse helped them into a chamber.

"uh, hello" Yujin awkwardly greeted the doctor.

"Ms. Kim, yes, take a seat" the doctor pointed at an empty seat. "So, what is it about ?"

"uh, hanahaki"

"Hanahaki ?" The doctor questioned and the two girl nodded, "which one of you ?"

"Uh, it's me." Yujin slightly raised her hand and bowed.

"Since when did this occur ?" The doctor questioned.

"Two days ago, at school."

"I see," the doctor replied, taking out his writing pad, "you must have searched it up, in that case, you must know the consequences, I suppose."

"Yes, I do." Yujin hesitantly replied.

"You must know the person who.."

"Uh, I suppose I do know them." Yujin replied.

"Then you might want to talk to your family and prepare for a surgery or you wait for them to reciprocate your love." The doctor explained.

"U-uh, I don't want to get surgery all of a sudden...." Yujin shyly replied, receiving a nod from the doctor. Financial problems were also definitely a bitch.

"I don't suppose you want to be late, you might have only four months to live." The doctor replied.

"FOUR MONTHS !? BITCH YOU BETTER TAKE THE SURGERY" Hana exclaimed, getting up from her seat.

"Be quiet, Hana !" Yujin shushed her friend.

"Anyways ,to the important part," the doctor continued,"you have choices, either that you confess to the loved one and if they return feelings, the disease will automatically fade away, and you'll get better, but if it doesn't happen so, either you take a surgery or you know what will happen."

"I don't want to take the risk of a surgery at the moment" Yujin replied after a few minutes of thought.

"Did you talk to your parents about it yet ?" The doctor questioned.

Yujin shook her head and looked down. The doctor sighed.

"You should inform them before it's too late, kid" the doctor smiled at Yujin. "I'll prescribe you a few medicines for now to help you cease the pain."

"Huh ?" Yujin asked curiously.

"The more you stay close to them, the more painful it will be" the doctor replied.

"hey, act normal, it's Heeseung" Hana whispered to Yujin and elbowed her. They were presently inside a café after their recent visit to the doctor and they had spotted Heeseung.

"Jinie, Hana !" The boy called out as he approached his friends and then said with a pout, "you're hanging out without me ?"

"It's a girls day out, duh boy" Hana scoffed. "Since you're here, buy us drinks !"

"Why should I ?"

"Come on, don't be cocky, Hee" Yujin smiled, almost blushing at the cute nickname she gave him.

"A caramel frappuccino for Hana, right ?" He questioned.

"Yee, you always get my order right !" Hana squealed.

"And a vanilla ice cream for you since you don't like coffee ?" Heeseung asked Yujin.

"Heeseung, it's chocolate !" Yujin whined.

No Heeseung, it's you who likes vanilla, I like chocolate, it's you who loves everything I hate. She wanted to tell him.

"Yes missy, I was just messing with you" Heeseung smiled at Yujin and ruffled her hair a bit with his left hand. She could feel the slight pain in her chest again.

It's so funny how she'd had a crush on him for five years, not really a crush, she had completely fallen for him and now she suddenly had hanahaki and had merely a few months to live. This was all a surprise, a bad one, and yet Yujin had to accept it, cause after all, life can be rude sometimes.