- thirteen: a day spent well

It was the fifteenth of the month, today was the day Yujin and Hana would go to visit Heeseung at his grandparents

It was the fifteenth of the month, today was the day Yujin and Hana would go to visit Heeseung at his grandparents. Well, about the past few weeks, they'd been quite terrible for Yujin. She had received Heeseung's letter the next day but did not send a reply. He was already gone and she had nothing to write to him. She had sort of forgiven him cause after all, this whole thing about hanahaki wasn't all his fault, was it ?

Hana had been quite a supportive friend and Yujin wondered how Hana was not at all affected by Heeseung's confession. Was Hana really not concerned with THE Lee Heeseung's confession ? Anyhow, it wasn't something Yujin should be concerned about.

Heeseung's grandparents lived in the countryside, away from the bustle of the city. Although there were bus routes, they would take almost three hours so the two girls chose to ride the train. Train systems were efficient and cheaper compared to other transports.

"Can't believe you managed to wake up early," Yujin exclaimed as she occupied the window seat.

"Shut up, I'd do anything to get out of the bustle of the city, I'm tired of all these vehicles" Hana frustratedly sighed, resting her head on Yujin's shoulder.

"As if you're going to ride bullock carts there" Yujin mocked.

"Bitc―shut up now"

"Hey Yujin." Hana said almost twenty minutes later. Yujin hummed a response. "Are you still angry with Heeseung ?"

Yujin did not reply and honestly, Hana was disturbed by this silence. She made a 'tsk' sound.

"I'm disappointed."

"In him ?But why ?" And although Hana knew the answer to that, she lied.

"He took it casually, didn't he ? Hanahaki is casual to him, the fact that I might end up dead was so casual to him."

"Yujin, cut the crap. You should think about him as well." Hana said with a disturbed tone and sat up straight to turn to the other side.

Yujin did not reply but after sometime she pulled Hana's shirt gently and her head was again rested on her shoulder.

"Yujin, Hana, you didn't have any problem coming, did you ?" Heeseung's father exclaimed once he saw the two girls enter the courtyard. "I suggested to Heeseung that I pick you up from the station".

"Oh no, Mr. Lee, thank you for inviting us here" Hana said. Yujin sat on a bench and held onto Hana for support while slipping on the slippers.

"Hey Hana !" Heeseung's voice came. He was followed by his sister.

"Hey, Yujin, how're you doing ? Everything fine ?" His sister said.

"Oh, hey there, yea" Yujin replied with a hesitant feeling.

"Hey..." Heeseung came in. He wore white shorts, a wet blue shirt. "Don't mind the shirt, someone (he glared at his sister) decided to ruin my shirt with the sprinkler" he said with assurance.

"Heeseung, hey, seems like you don't miss us at all !" ventured Hana, "not a single call !?"

"Don't pretend like i didn't, Hana, i did, but you never picked up" Heeseung nudged back.

"You didn't call me tho, that's unfair" Yujin said.

"I thought you'd be angry and not pick up, Yujin" Heeseung said, his head low.

"Of Course not, I'm fine, Hee" Yujin replied with a smile plastered on her face and cupped Heeseung's cheeks. His small smile made him look like a squished fish which indeed gave a good laugh to the ones around. "You know I can't stay angry at you for long."

-

"you know what ? I think Heeseung is pretty much happy-HEYYY" well, here we go again. Heeseung was definitely not in a mood to let Yujin sit in peace and had found a way to use the sprinkler on her.

"Heeseung, I'm going to break that hose pipe if you point it at me again" she ventured while rubbing her eyes which were drenched in water.

"Don't be lazy, Jinie, come on, you barely have fun like this back home" he voiced, holding firmly onto the hose pipe.

"Goddammit, Lee Heeseung," she hissed as she kept the apple she was eating aside and stood up. Pulling her hands up in the air, she pulled a hair tie to tie her hair into a bun and rushed to catch Heeseung who instead ran away, pointing the pipe at her, ready to press the handle anytime she'd come near.

Yujin was not the type to give up on these silly games of Heeseung. She rushed ahead and Heeseung sprayed water all over her, she struggled to walk as water showered on her and she managed to pull Heeseung.

"HEY" he ranted as he got wet from the water as well.

"You both are so childish," Hana commented with a small grin on her face.

"Shut it loser, come up here if you dare," Yujin challenged.

"Bet you" Hana said with daring eyes and stood up.

"What's she gonna do ?" Heeseung whispered to Yujin.

"All you do is have to run" she whispered back and as Hana approached the two with another pipe Yujin yelled ,"RUN"

One of the biggest mistakes Heeseung must have made was take a second to process Yujin's warning and immediately he was drowned in a pool of water and the two girls spent the next two hours tormenting the poor boy with buckets of water until he looked like a soaked jellyfish.

-

"Heeseung, join us for lunch" his father called out.

Heeseung entered and sat down on the floor beside Yujin. A towel hung round his neck, and water was still dripping from his wet hair. A few drops fell on Yujin's lap and the cold sensation sent a thrilling feeling.

He is so handsome, was all Yujin could think of.

"Yujin, YUJIN" Hana pinched her thigh and she internally cursed. "Don't get lost in your world"

But he's so handsome, i can't help but get lost, Yujin thought to herself.

Hana and Yujin stayed there till around late evening when Heeseung dropped the two at the station. They'd meet again after the vacation. In a much better state, but the way they enjoyed today, they would probably never again.

-