01.

Taehyung's eyes were on the party that had just arrived,his hands locked behind him together and beside him stood his Cousin clearly annoyed with the way the maids had tied his collar ruffle poking into his neck and chin.The spring had only started and the palace was already welcoming guests.The news that Taehyung's sister,the princess,had come of age had spread like wild fire and the kingdom kept hosting to it's full capacity.Taehyung watched as his father,the King, and his mother, his brother,Namjoon, courteously inviting one such party.

"Shouldn't the crown prince be welcoming them?",Min Yoongi asked as he stepped onto the courtyard Taehyung and Jungkook were standing on.Taehyung sighed and said,"My sister is too young to be married off.So am not having a hand in that sin"
"Her royal highness is only one year younger than you.His majesty doesn't look so happy,he had been glancing at you every other second",Yoongi said as he stood beside Taehyung and send a glance at Jungkook who had freed himself off the tie and was rubbing his reddened skin.
"I been send to bring you along actually,the guests are potential suitors for the princess.Prince of Andeoara and company.They need you in attendance",Min Yoongi said as he gestured Taehyung forward and Taehyung huffed air out of his lungs in dismay.

He walked down the courtyard along Yoongi and Jungkook at his tow.The sunlight partially cowered behind the castle towers as his eyes fell onto the brown horse that came from behind the carriage.Taehyung squinted against the sun at the boy on top of the horse who jumped off,landing on his feet lightly.He walked towards the front of the party.

"Who is he?", Taehyung enquired,his mouth stuck half open and eyes wide and breath caught in the wind.Yoongi straightened up as they came closer,"Park Jimin,Crown Prince of Andeoara.He is courting your sister"
"That's impossible", Taehyung breathed and before Jungkook could question that,the crowd moved away to make way for the trio.Taehyung's father's face lit up immediately,"Here, This is my first born and the crown prince,Kim Taehyung"
Taehyung bowed in greeting to the Prince of Andeoara.He had the most bewitching smile that pressed his cheeks against his eyes making cresents,"Kim Taehyung,I have heard so much about you"

And Taehyung wondered what it was about? He wasn't very famous except for the discussions in alleyways about how Namjoon should be the crown prince and Taehyung lacked wits and talents unlike his adopted brother.Maybe he was at the wrong side of the world.
"Forgive me,I ..haven't heard about you", Taehyung blurted out and for a second Andeoarians looked offended,"Excuse him,he has a different sense of humour spectrum",Namjoon came into his rescue immediately.
"Now that the introductions are done,I insist that you must relax for the rest of the day,am sure the roads weren't as merciful.Your quarters had been set", Taehyung's mother said and Taehyung watched the crowd disperse into the castle and he was left with his knight, cousin and the handsome crown prince of Andeoara.

"Tell me,Was it just an attempt at a humourless joke or haven't you really ever heard about me?"

And Taehyung licked his lips once nervously and laughed ,"Forgive me..I really didn't know but I look forward to getting to know you", Taehyung said returning a smile.
"With pleasure.If it's any relief,I haven't heard about you either but atleast I was nice enough to be polite about it",Jimin smiled,bowed a little and left after his company.
"Wow,what a prude",Jungkook commented.
"You mean Interesting", Taehyung said,already looking forward to the gathering that evening.

..

The banquet hall was filled and laughter echoed through the walls as the patrons made acquaintance.Taehyung wasn't a fan of such events to begin with and not too much time in,he already wanted to be out and be sitting infront of his easel and paints.He watched from across the hall besides his mother and Namjoon as Prince Jimin asked his sister for a dance.
"He is a charming lad",His mother,the queen commented addressing her sons.
"He would make a perfect match for our Hayeon",Namjoon commented as he bowed and smiled at those who passed them.
"Hayeon is sweet,only a fool would not fall in love with her",The Queen chuckled,waving a hand infront of her.Taehyung's eyes travelled along with his sister and the prince of Andeoara.
"It also matters if she falls for the prince", Taehyung quipped, earning glances from his mother only to see his sister blushing a pink as she fell forward laughing onto the prince's shoulder.That only encouraged the queen,"Seems it won't be that long"

The night had fallen drowning the busy evening's chaos with it and Taehyung breathed a relief as he found his study and pulled out his brush.He was clearly reprimanded by his father to keep away from paints for the days the Prince would stay in the castle.The King didn't want the crown prince to be presented as a mere artist,he preferred Taehyung be called a warrior but Taehyung's interest were too far from his father's so despite the orders,he retired to paint.

"Father is going to skin you alive"

Taehyung jumped in fear and clutched his shirt to steady his heart.
"You're going to scare me to death before that",He pointed a brush at his brother and Namjoon smiled wickedly as he closed the door behind.
"How did father expect you to go on without brushes when you couldn't even live past a single night",Namjoon said as he settled behind Taehyung,his eyes examining the gentle strokes on white.There was nothing but a bare outline ,something of a castle wall and sun.
"What are you painting?",Namjoon tilted his head at the frame.Taehyung sighed,"I don't know yet.I had an inspiration while I was in the ballroom but once am here and the brush picked up,nothing.."
"Why,brother ,you left your inspiration in the ballroom!",Namjoon teased his brother,"Is there some lass who got your attention? Perhaps Lord Choi's daughter"
Taehyung looked clearly offended,"It is very brave of you to think it's always a woman,the reason for a man's muse"
Namjoon got up,rounded the study with his hands clasped together,"Forgive me,A man can be a man's muse too indeed.I don't doubt that notion for a second"

"Clearly wasn't what I was hoping to say but I agree.I still don't know what was the inspiration though,Hyung,It could even be mother's favouritism to the delicacies that she ordered to fill the banquet with.No corner in the castle were devoid of the odour", Taehyung chuckled before dipping his brush into more brown.

"Thankfully Andeoarians are fond of it.By the way,Allow me to keep few of my books in your study.My study had been taken over by the Prince"
"He reads? Besides there are plenty of rooms to turn into your study.Why must you use mine? Oh,do tell me you are not reading some exquisite content", Taehyung faked concern and Namjoon leant forward to swat Taehyung's arm for Taehyung to whine about the drop that splashed.

"It is just history of Andeoara and Elindross relationships that I am reading and I don't want them to be lying around.Besides,it's for few days.I have requested them to open the left wing tower for me",Namjoon shrugged and Taehyung nodded.
"Alright,I must sleep",Namjoon said as he got up and Taehyung bid him  goodnight.Namjoon turned around at the door,"The prince dances"
"What?"
"The study..I saw the servants clearing up the floor.He dances",Namjoon said and Taehyung knows Namjoon's study was too huge,it made more sense for it to be a ballroom than a study room but what he couldn't accept was the prince dancing.
"Finish your work soon and get to sleep.You need to wake up early,you are in charge of entertaining the prince for his stay",Namjoon said and the door closed behind him.Taehyung bit his lips before focusing his eyes back to his easel.The castle walls,sky and sun were distinct and Taehyung eventually gave up not knowing what he wanted to paint in the first place.

A/n:Tada!! First chapter...so I'd complete this before SOD...anyway update schedule is once a week on Fridays...

Please comment,I like to read from you..Helps me write more