45

Hayeon bowed before stepping into her mother's parlour and the queen waved a hand to dismiss the maids.She was standing by the window,looking past the towers to where the main town was.Decorations were up around the village too and flowers decorated every entrance and homes.Elindross was getting ready for the royal wedding and the queen turned to look at her daughter as she came to stand by her.Before the queen spoke,the princess' interrupted,"Mother,I was send for.Is there something bothering you?"
The Queen gave her a small smile and walked her daughter over to the small table out in the balcony.

"Have tea with me and we shall speak",She said,calling for a maid.The silence continued as the wind kissed their long hair and passed them softly.Once the maid left,The queen pushed a cup towards Hayeon.
"I know about everything that happened",She started.
Hayeon only shook her head lightly,nursing the hot cup between her fingers.

"Everyone is very keen to make me the anti hero of this story",She mumbled.
"Quite the contrary.Noone spoke a word against you"
Hayeon raised her head, eyebrows furrowed and lips twisted in confusion.She tilted her head,"That seems a bit hard to accept"

"I am assuming you did trick Prince Jimin in a proposal"
"Did not Namjoon brother tell you so,mother? The details and all?"

"Like I mentioned,noone told me anything.He did tell me the ring was missing prior to be seen on your fingers..Hayeon,dear,be transparent with me,will you? What had gone wrong?"

Hayeon considered her mother for a bit before taking a sip out of her tea.
"Don't you think it is too late now,mother?"
"Nothing is ever too late,dear.You keep forgetting you have a family to lean on"

"Mother.."

"Dearest Hayeon,You grew up with two brothers and you've made yourself tough to come up to them.And your brothers too,they never left you out because of any rules court followed for a princess.The times I had to reprimand Namjoon for sneaking you out at late hour to ride through moors",The queen laughed a little,"You were the toughest of my children though.Your brothers wanted to protect you but you never let them and even now.."

The queen reached forward to take her daughter's hand in her's,"Tell me what happened,Hayeon?"
Hayeon pressed a hand against her stomach hard before standing up and loosening the ties of her corset.She started pacing the room,"I feel like I am not myself"

Hayeon rubbed her hand against her temples,"How could all of this happen?Mother!! I am a princess,the princess!! How can someone make me feel like this?like am not enough"
"Haye-"

"I have gotten everything I wanted in my life since the moment I was born.I am the princess of the largest Kingdom,the princess of Elindross!!My father rules all the land,southern and the northern.Princes from all states came to court me and..and they looked at me like I made the million galaxies ..except..except one prince... except the only one I wanted and he didn't even look at me like that at all.He doesn't hold affection for me in the least,didn't ever show me even the slightest bit of love and treated me like I am just...just someone he is supposed to act sweet which doesn't make sense.He is sweet to everyone!! He shouldn't see me like everybody else.I tried and tried.He would not just look at me like that",Hayeon stopped pacing,coming to stop right infront of her mother," I want him,mother!! At whatever cost it may ..so I am doing everything I could.I am not myself because I do not have him,I am not myself because am no having what I desire"

"Hayeon!!",The queen stood up,circling the table quickly to hold her daughter tight between her arms,"Oh..dear dear Hayeon.That is not how life is.You being told no for the first time shouldn't be changing you like this!! None of your thoughts are justification,dearest daughter.You were not intended to be brought up spoilt"
"Then why did you give me everything I asked for.You did not deny anything before,Mother.Why now?"

"Because your wishes weren't hurting anybody before.Right this moment,it involves Prince Jimin and the whole of his kingdom.It is not mine to give",The Queen adjusted Hayeon's hair gently behind her ears.Hayeon pressed her eyes close letting a lone tear escape.

"He came to court me ,mother!!He should be courting me..not brother Taehyung",Hayeon leant her head down onto her mother's shoulder and the queen instinctively hugged her close and ran her hands on her back gently.More tears spilled onto the carpet.

"What would you say to all those other princes who fell for you and you said no to?They came to court you too,would you call it wrong that you didn't fall for them when they did?",The queen asked slowly as her daughter withdrew,face red and eyes tired.

"Love is matter of heart,my dear.We do not have reins over whom we fall for at all.I am on your side when it comes to Taehyung not telling you right away and you had to find out like that but you should confront your brother rather than Prince Jimin.You could have let him explain reasons and state how much it hurts you.I am not saying you are wrong for feeling betrayed ,I am saying conversations would have made it better.It was not wise to get back at your own brother like that when he had always made sure you were his priority.To Taehyung who stood against marrying you off so young when we started courting.He stood alone in the court against your father and asked him to let you decide for yourself.An eye for an eye would make the world blind indeed..There is still time to talk to your brothers.I heard you restricted entry for Taehyung?",Queen said,a hand cupping her cheeks and the princess nodded lightly.

"I won't ask anything of you for now but give yourself a thought.Also on what you would have said if those princes who came to court you did not agree that you didn't fall for them and kept trying,stayed in castle and tried to wed you against your wishes?"
"That would have been horrible",Hayeon hiccuped.

"That would be...my wicked child",The queen laughed as she kissed her forehead.

..

"Really?You are not going to talk to me?",Namjoon asked as he saw Eun yeong walking around Namjoon's study,collecting whatever she had left there these past days over hours and hours of discussions.She did not reply as she returned Namjoon's books to their rightful spot.

"Princess Eun yeong?"

Namjoon sighed and straightened up,"Eun yeong?"

And that got the princess to come to a stop as she turned slowly around at the eldest prince of crown.
"You are not supposed to drop honorifics unless we are friends or related in some way"
"Yet,you have dropped honorifics on me several times"
The princess faltered before gathering her senses again,"You should have said something back then"
"I did not mind it"
"Then why are you bringing it up again?"
"Cause I do not want you to mind too if drop the honorifics"

Eun yeong stared and stared as Namjoon took more faster steps towards her,closer.The princess leant back to Namjoon's table in alarm as he towered over her.
"You have managed to make my heart flutter even when I am angry and anxious",She said,low.
"Is that a new achievement of sorts?"
"Very much.I think I like you"

Namjoon's eyes flickered onto the princess' lips once and back to her eyes.
"I think..I think so too",His large hands came to hold the princess' waist tightly as she pushed her up to sit properly on the table.He kissed her,lips pressed tight yet still soft.

It was only mere seconds and they drew back.Eun yeong looked down between them,her head pressed against his chest.
"What are we- it's too soon"
"Let us go with how it goes..along the flow"
"I apologize.I just.."
"Apology? for what?"
"For blowing up at Princess Hayeon,I should apologize to her but at that moment,I couldn't think of who is right and wrong,if she did something or not.I didn't have the heart to listen to her.I just ..I am always too keen on protecting my brother,he would never stand up for himself because he is too nice ,it became my habit so I was just..",Namjoon knew the princess was crying only when a tear fell onto his hands clutched between to hold Eun yeong's.

"I understand",Namjoon did understand.While he was in Prince Jimin's chambers,he had the same instinct.To protect his sister no matter what her actions was,he had reprimanded Eun yeong once they were outside the chambers and she had been sulking since.
Namjoon hugged her,placing his head over the princess'.

A/n:updated too soon.also
Namjoon X Eunyeong too soon too??

please leave some comments,they mean so much to me.