08.

The king had returned and Taehyung sat in the hall with the Lords and Royal court praising Taehyung to the King.He couldn't help but let his spirits grow at how his father's face gleamed with approval.Namjoon made sure their father knew everything Taehyung had done and then once the Royal court was adjourned and Taehyung walked beside his father to the breakfast,He said,"I am proud of you, Taehyung.I knew when time comes ,you'll step up" and Taehyung knows that,that was a lie.He was sure his father had wished multiple times that Namjoon was his own and not adopted so he'd be the crown prince instead.But today his father looked genuinely happy despite Taehyung's mistrust and Namjoon was smiling as cheekily as he could at the compliments directed at his brother.

"How's Prince Jimin's courting our dear Hayeon coming along?",The King asked and Taehyung almost stopped on his tracks.When Namjoon sensed Taehyung wasn't going to answer it,he followed up,"Hayeon is absolutely charmed by the prince,Mother thinks the proposal won't be too long"
"Oh,goodness..Such great news!!",The King laughed,"I must see the prince"
"He had been bedridden for two days,father.The weather wasn't fair to him",Namjoon said and it wasn't news to Taehyung.He had but multiple times turned away from Jimin's chamber just few feet away.He had leant his head against his own door trying to tame his mind to be calm and at last he had commanded Yoongi to not let him anywhere around East wing.Yoongi had complied without a question.Instead Taehyung heard everything from his sister,from Jimin falling sick the next day after the night at shore to the very morning where his coughs seems to be subsided.Taehyung wanted to see Jimin but he just shouldn't go.

"Then I shall visit his chambers",The King announced and Namjoon bowed.
"Um..father,Forgive me.I have something else to attend to..I have to go,Excuse my leave", Taehyung bowed low and took his flight before his father could ask him what it was.He spend the rest of the day in the stables.The master of stables was helping him train a new horse to his likes and none fit.No horses were match to his.And in vain,he retired to his study after so long.The unfinished portrait still stood in the middle of the room and Taehyung mindlessly pulled his drawers out and sat on the chair,staring.
He had asked Jungkook to help him fill new paints,all shades of brown Elindross and the fourteen states had but nothing close to the brown he wanted.Taehyung mindlessly dipped a red for the lips and raised his brush inches away from the easel.

His thoughts clouded with red plump lips inches away from his,the eyes that held love with utmost sincerity but Taehyung had pushed him away,had witnessed the shine dim into some dreary melancholy.Taehyung breathed out and adjusted himself on the stool.
"You should go see him",Yoongi almost send Taehyung stumbling onto the floor but Taehyung was too surprised by what he had heard.

"Who?"

"Prince Jimin"

"Why?", Taehyung gently brushed against the parchment and Yoongi walked behind the easel,"He is very sick"
"My visit won't do any good in his recovery..Besides Hayeon is by him every other day to take care of him", Taehyung said picking a cloth to wipe away the smudge of red on his knuckles.
"Is that why you're not going to see him?Cause Princess is there?",Yoongi knew the right questions and he knew the answers as well.He just loved making Taehyung's life difficult.
"That's - ..not true", Taehyung tried.
"He had requested to see you",Yoongi cut him off.
"What?-"
"Said he had to speak with you about something..",Yoongi looked at Taehyung who refused to meet his eyes but then Taehyung sighed,"I can't "
"You can..Princess had returned to her chambers and he is alone.You can go see him"
"No,it's not that.. it's -", Taehyung caught himself  before saying anything.
"I stand by what I said, Taehyung.I had witnessed the tension between you the first day and I don't know what happened on the day of journey to the sea but you should still see him.You are his official host and he has requested for your presence so-",Yoongi said as he opened the door of the study for Taehyung and Taehyung bit his lips in exhaustion.He finally gave up and set the brush aside before following Yoongi towards the east wing.

..

The night had fallen into it's darkest abyss and there was still a shower faintly drumming against the glass windows in Jimin's chamber.A lowly lit candle burnt in the stand and a distant torch somewhere in the hallway,the only light except for the distant low thunder.Jimin was barely seen in the midst of too huge a blanket and countless pillows.Taehyung wanted to hug him close.

"Your royal highness is here to see you,Prince Jimin",Ser Jung spoke and bowed before stepping out leaving the two princes alone.
Jimin groaned lightly throwing a hand over his head before opening his eyes to meet Taehyung's.
"Taehyung",He said,before momentarily closing his eyes and opening them again.Jimin extended a hand towards him and beckoned.Taehyung moved closer,hesitated before sitting by Jimin's bed,"Are you recovering well?"

"I'll ..be better soon.Told you I get feverish quiet fast",Jimin attempted a giggle but resigned faster because of his headache.
"I should have visited earlier", Taehyung sounded apologetic,almost hurting himself as he admitted.
"I knew you wouldn't come.. That's why I send for you",Jimin said and Taehyung's eyes were fixed on Jimin's small hand laying close to him.
"Why?", Taehyung asked foolishly.
"To apologize..",Jimin gulped and Taehyung knew he had difficulty talking,"-for what happened at the shore..I shouldn't have"
"You shouldn't have what?"
Jimin turned  slightly towards Taehyung,"I should have asked if you reciprocated my feelings.I thought you did..I read the signs wrong..I read them all wrong"

And there was a thunder and Taehyung almost comically thought the nature was adding melodramatic air to his life.Taehyung's hand reached for Jimin's and Jimin was startled by the soft touch.Taehyung was surprised himself in the way Jimin's skin was hot against his.
"When you are back in your health,I'll take you to ride the moors", Taehyung said,a thumb caressing the back of Jimin's hand.Jimin smiled and nodded lightly as Taehyung's hand left his.
"Thankyou Taehyung for forgiving me",Jimin said when Taehyung stood up.
"There's nothing to apologize for.It's not a sin to feel affectionate to one..", Taehyung's sound came almost choked and he cleared his throat,"You are courting my sister,you must propose to her soon.The King expects it and our kingdoms", Taehyung said as if it solved everything.

Jimin hummed lightly and closed his eyes again,falling back into the pillow,"The prince must do what the kingdom wants,not what his heart desires",Jimin said in a low tone,barely catching Taehyung's attention.The younger wanted to ask back what Jimin's heart desired,wanted to hear his name as the answer but he was a coward.A tear fell off Jimin's eyes to the side of his face and he made no attempt to wipe it away.Taehyung leant back down and slowly ran his pinkie to the corner of Jimin's eyes saving the tear.Jimin closed his eyes against the touch and Taehyung turned and walked away.

The morning gave him the joy of his father's approval and he shouldn't break it at night.Taehyung mumbled a good night as he stepped out and the hallway was empty except for Yoongi,who was leaning against the pillar down to stairs.

Taehyung said nothing and walked towards his chambers.When Yoongi joined him,he looked up at him.Eyes red and a broken heart to boot, Taehyung said,"He didn't read the signs wrong"

A/n:thoughts please...please don't be a silent reader,it helps me to get comments