25.

A/n:it's a double date.Check if you read last chapter ..enjoy

..

The end of the Spring was at the doors and the ball announcing it was already full on swing.Soft music ricochetted off the walls rising above the happy chatters of the guests.The ballroom glimmered in yellow lights and everyone had to comment about their Princess' wonderful arrangements.Out of courtesy Taehyung had joined Lord Yoo's daughter for the dance and only because he didn't want other girls to swoon over him,she was an old friend.But his eyes followed only one person in the giant hall and unfortunately that person was gliding around the dance floor along with his sister grabbing everyone's attention alike.His sister was undisputedly the most prettiest girl in the whole room and she was dancing with the most charming man in the land.No wonder everyone had their eyes only for them.

At some point, Taehyung had come along like the rest and stopped to set his eyes onto the Andeoarian prince.The cellos played a beautiful song Taehyung wasn't very familiar with and for a split moment,Jimin caught his eyes.The world turned in slow motion as the brown met Taehyung's onyx eyes.When Hayeon dipped in Jimin's arms,he reserved a smile for Taehyung. Taehyung took a heavy breath,his lungs filling in with equal weight of happiness and agony.The music hit some melody that broke Taehyung's heart turning the world further slow.The youngest always found waltz music to be sad and it wasn't helping him a bit right then.Maybe if it was him dancing with Jimin,maybe if it was his arms cradling his back,maybe if it was his shoulders Jimin was leaning into ,the music would have been sweeter .Happier,even.

"Taehyung -",It was Namjoon's call that brought Taehyung back to his senses.Another song had started but now Jimin wasn't dancing.He was staring back at Taehyung and Taehyung realized why they looked concerned.A tear had escaped his restraints.

"Are you alright?",Yoongi was the one to ask and Taehyung shook his head lightly, watching as Jimin take a step forward to him only to be stopped by Hayeon to pull him towards the doors leading to the garden.Ser Kim Seokjin  and Ser Jung Hoseok following right after.

...

Jimin's mind was clouded with worry,he wanted to stay in the ballroom,wanted to be where his eyes could hold Taehyung in it but Hayeon had stepped in asking him to have a conversation alone.Jimin did recommend against it that it wouldn't be wise to be alone outside but then Hayeon suggested their personal gaurd come along.So with a heavy heart he followed Hayeon into the garden.Now that they were deep enough through the maze, away from the hall and the music,Jimin said,"Is everything alright, Princess?"

Finally Hayeon turned around,embarassment already colouring her face as she smiled.She looked behind them gesturing Seokjin and Hoseok to keep his distance from them.And once he did,Hayeon took a deep breath,"I wanted to apologize properly"

Jimin didn't quiet understand,that's why his face twisted to a frown,"Pardon?"
"For the other day in General's mansion",Hayeon started shyily and Jimin blinked.It had happened so long ago and if Hayeon had to apologize,she should have done back then but then he realized that they hadn't spend time alone after it had happened at all.

"That happened so long ago",Jimin found himself iterating his thoughts and before he could correct his words,Hayeon spoke,"Yes..I..We couldn't spend much time together ..and alone after that..Either cousin Jungkook was tagging alongside or Brother Taehyung always took you out for rides"
Jimin said nothing,his lips tight and mind immediately going back to a distraught Taehyung he had left behind in the hall.
"And when your royal highness came back from the night castle,Brother didn't let me visit you saying you needed rest so I never...I never got the time to properly apologize -"

"It's alright,Princess Hayeon",Jimin wanted to get back to Taehyung faster.
"No..it is not.I..I shoudn't have stepped into your personal space like that and..and kissed you.Forgive me for I was unable to control my actions around you and lost myself for a moment.I had nothing but the thoughts of you..It doesn't justify my actions and am at wrong..I had assumed you return my feelings too,I am absolutely ashamed and I need your forgiveness"

"Princess Hayeon-"

"I do not know if that had caused the rift between us and I believe your royal highness spending more time with my brother is to avoid my presence..I do sense it",Tears pooled in Hayeon's eyes, slipping down her cheeks and she was quick to wipe her sleeves onto it.Jimin was shook out of his core.
"That's not true at all,Princess Hayeon",Jimin said and stepped forward ,hesitating a moment before reaching out to take her hand.But Hayeon only cried more,"I..I am at wrong and I would bear the parting you have set for me..I do deserve it but please,Prince Jimin,I am deeply sincere with my apology.If it is what causing you to put your distance between us,I won't be able to bear that pain"

Jimin's thumbs wiped away Hayeon's tears and he bit his lips not knowing what words could ease her hurting heart.He closed his eyes and took a deep breath,"I promise it is not that..I was taken aback that day,yes.But I only wanted to make a proper conversation about it and not purposefully avoid your royal highness in anyway.Forgive me if it felt so.."
When Jimin dropped his hand,Hayeon had moved further closer to him and Jimin felt guilty in stepping away and he just raised his head to meet Hoseok's eyes who had his lips parted and worried.Hayeon's sobs dissolved into her palms,"Do you not have feelings for me,Prince Jimin? Or am I worrying in vain?"
Jimin was caught in a dilemma,he didn't know what to say or do.Hoseok shook his head lightly and reminded him that he shouldn't give words that he doesn't mean so Jimin willed himself and directed at Seokjin,"Ser Kim,Please lead Princess out of here to her chambers.I'll let the queen know she is feeling not well and retired"

Seokjin bowed as he stepped forward towards them but Hayeon held out a hand to hold Jimin's,"I want to stay with you,Prince Jimin"
"Your royal highness-"
"Won't you stay with me..Just for tonight,to make up for the days we missed each other", Hayeon's tear fell onto Jimin's hand and when Jimin raised his head,he could not say 'no' to those eyes.

...

Hours snailed away into twilight and Taehyung's eyes kept darting towards the door of his study,awaiting his beloved.He had been pacing as Yoongi reprimanded of him.Now,he was just growing more impatient.Finally,he decided against Yoongi's words and made his way to the east wing.There were no gaurds infront of Jimin's quarters already suggesting Taehyung's thoughts were right.Jimin had not returned yet.Taehyung slipped into a vacant room and sighed heavily.He dragged himself towards the bed with a heavy heart.Somewhere under the moon,his sister and Jimin would be laughing about things Taehyung wouldn't know.With that thought painted into his head , Taehyung fell asleep on Jimin's bed.

A/n:Say something ..now🔪
It's a threat...
hehe,hope you enjoyed