33.

A/n:It's weekend and all of you made it through the weekend amazingly,here's my gift :an early update::

..

"Your royal highness",Yoongi called out to the crown prince as he rode ahead of him.They were off to visit Jungkook's father,The General,to discuss the matters of security once the Andeoarian entourage arrives.Taehyung wanted to finish the business, get back and see his beloved soon but then his personal gaurd stopped,urged his own horse to come beside him.He had also visited the Queen mother in the morning hinting that he needed to have an important conversation once he returns.Everything was looking up until his royal gaurd called out to him.

"Yes,Hyung",He asked back,arms tightening on Black wind's rein,slowing down just enough for Yoongi to catch up to him.

Yoongi's stallion came to a slow halt near Taehyung and Yoongi's eyes scanned Taehyung.
"Is anything the matter?"
Yoongi looked behind them to see the rest of the gaurds coming to a halt as well.Yoongi reached forward and uncovered Taehyung's collars,"The ring of the Andeoarian Queen!!",was all Yoongi whisper-shouted and Taehyung's hand immediately flew to his bare neck.The chain wasn't there nor was the ring.His eyes shot wide as he jumped off Black wind,pulling his shirt off the tuck and shaking it and the sleeves to see if it had stuck in somewhere to no avail.

"I must return to the castle", Taehyung said,his eyes clouding with worry and fear.Yoongi bit his lips anxiously,"Alright,I'll go General's mansion.Return with the gaurds"
Taehyung didn't wait for Yoongi to finish as he mounted the horse back.He gave a nod and without another word,took off.

..

The maids stood scared to the side as Taehyung started pulling off the duvets and bedspreads manically.The mountain of pillows lay across the floor as he stepped over them to frantically search.

"Your royal highness",One of the courageous said,"Do tell us what you are looking for,we could help"
"You can't..", Taehyung mumbled back as he left the bed and started pulling his drawers away.He knew for sure the ring wouldn't be there but he couldn't risk it.
"Move",He said,sending the maids to the other corner of his chambers as he pulled several books by his table and started shaking them,holding their spine.
With the last book,he knew the ring wasn't in his quarters and vaguely remembered going out to the grounds wearing it.

The grounds!!

He sprinted past the maids and into the corridors leading to the lower grounds.When he reached the grounds,Jungkook was there.He was laughing loudly at one of the boy's swinging at him as he stood there with a sword urging the younger boy on.His attention turned to Taehyung immediately as the rest bowed.
"Clear the grounds!!", Taehyung ordered loudly.
"What happened,Cousin?I thought you were visiting father"

Taehyung didn't respond as he reached  him,"Master Ing! I want the grounds cleared,Now!It's an order", Taehyung's voice echoed louder and immediately the sons of royals started piling out of the field.Taehyung waited for the last one to exit and frantically started searching.Jungkook had not taken his leave and he tailed Taehyung.

"What's gotten you on the edge,Is everything fine?",He asked tagging along the crown prince as his eyes scanned the sand.
"Cousin,Just.. Do not-", Taehyung said.
"Are you looking for something?"
"Jungkook,Leave!"
"Cousin,four eyes are better than two.Tell me and I could help"
Taehyung decided that he should ignore the younger and squatted down to search for the ring.

"Is this what you're looking for?",Jungkook said as he picked up a silver thread off the ground and Taehyung could feel his heart beat wildly inside his rib cage.
"Where did you get that from?",He launched forward to grab the chain and Jungkook confusedly,pointed to the ground.The crown prince looked manic ,sweaty under the scorching sun and tired.

After several hours of Taehyung treading along the whole field and armoury with Jungkook tirelessly tagging along,looking around for something he doesn't know, Taehyung finally turned around to Jungkook.
"It..it had a ring",He said and Jungkook nodded slowly before speaking,"How does the ring look?"
The onyx eyed boy was scared to meet the other's eyes before heaving,"It..It is green stoned with.."

"With Elindross insignia",Jungkook chanted to himself as he send his eyes past them to the ground,walking forward because every royal ornaments and jewels bore the insignia of the kingdom.
"With the Andeoarian Insignia", Taehyung said and there was a moment of silence.Jungkook turned around,his eyebrows furrowing,"Is this a gift from Prince Jimin?"

"It's..", Taehyung gulped,"It's more than a gift"
Jungkook nodded,not really sure if he understood why a crown prince would gift another crown prince 'a ring'.
"Cousin-",The elder called out,licking his lips lightly and biting them.
"You've seen the ring before", Taehyung knew his desperation would reveal the truth to his cousin but he had no choice but to ask help from him.He trusted Jungkook.

"I have?"
"In books..history books"
"Cousin,How-"
"It's Andeoarian Queen's engagement ring"

It was like the whole of Elindross froze,no wind passed them.No sound of afternoon birds or distant conversations from the kitchen.The soldiers sparring outside the field seemed to have gone silent,maybe left earlier.Jungkook took a quick pace to reach Taehyung and grabbed his elbow close.

"Hyung,You know how that sounds, right?"
"Jungkook-"
"It would give the impression that the proposal was made to you and not to Cousin Hayeon"

Silence again.

Jungkook's mouth fell open,slowly.On any other day Taehyung would have laughed at how comical the younger looked but not today,not now.
"The proposal was made to you", Jungkook repeated,with more realization.And Taehyung placed a hand over the younger's shoulder,"Please Jungkook, The questions can wait but the ring needs to be found quick.You know what would happen if someone lays their hands on it"

Jungkook swallowed nervously,"I hope it is not Cousin Hayeon",He said as he patted Taehyung and resumed looking for the ring.

..

Hayeon was in a trance ,eyes glued to the green ring,slipping it in and out of her slender ring finger.

..

The sun had long been set and every torches on the grounds had been lit under crown prince's orders.An exhausted Yoongi and Jungkook sat on the sides as Taehyung dragged his tired feet across to search the borders of the field one more time with a torch in his hand,burning red.

Prince Jimin walked into the grounds with his gaurd at his tow and Yoongi immediately stood up,calling over to Taehyung.
"I heard the crown prince is looking for something since early noon.I thought I'd help him",Jimin chuckled,as he walked over to the other.But soon his eyebrows furrowed at the worry in Taehyung's eyes.He quickened his pace,"Is everyone alright,Dove?",He asked,his voice a whisper as they reached close.

The youngest didn't reply as Jimin raised a hand and dropped it back once his eyes caught onto a curious Jungkook.
He began to step away only for Taehyung to pull him close,"He knows"
"Oh-"

"Jimin,I-"
"What is wrong?"

"The ring..", Taehyung began and Jimin's eyes momentarily fell onto the younger's neck and back to his eyes.
"I lost the ring", Taehyung closed his eyes tight,waiting for Jimin to explode,respond in rage or disappointment but nothing came except for a gentle hand softly placed over his jaw.

"Jimin, I'm -"
"Shh...You could have told me in the noon.We could have searched for it together,Dove"
A tear slipped past Taehyung's eyes,"I did not lose it on purpose.I did not -"
"No need to explain, sweetheart.I know you would never lose it on purpose.I know you are careful with my heart.Now let us look for it together",Jimin looked behind him to call Ser Jung over to help them.
Taehyung pulled the Andeoarian prince back and hugged him tight.He didn't deserve such love from Jimin  for he hadn't saved a nation,nor a child in his past life.

A/n:Hope you liked it.What da ya think about Jimin?!!