42.

The orchestra was playing it's second song by the time Jimin walked in arms with Hayeon into the hall.Both of them wore bright fake smiles as they bowed and acknowledged the patrons ,ministers and lords.The crowd appluaded and congratulated them as they moved across the room to stand beside their parents.

The engagement ball was in full swing,tables filled with treats and alcohol, orchestra played without a break and Eun yeong stood at the back,along with Ser Jung and Lady Ji Ying,sharing a good laugh about one of Lord Ha's daughters spilling wine over herself caught up staring at Jungkook.She watched as Namjoon bend down to talk to his friend,Lady Choi,explaining something diligently.She was shaking her head to his opinion,he was explaining further and Eun yeong realized she wanted to know what their conversation was about,wanted Namjoon to talk to her like that as well.Her lips curved up in a smile causing her gaurd to clear her throat,"Seems like dear Princess has taken a great interest in the eldest Prince of Elindross"

Eun yeong gave a smile,"He is very charming,I could not deny that even if I wanted to but it is the crown prince who is courting me"
"I do not see efforts from both the Princes",Ji Ying said, without missing a beat.Eun Yeong shook her head amusingly before patting down her gown,"I think I should dance with a charming man tonight to see it for myself.Lady Ji Ying,keep count on  how many young men's hearts I can sow the seeds of envy"

"Definitely not Namjoon hyung's.Although my brother is a genius,you might need to spell it out when it comes to affection", Taehyung's broke their little conversation and all of them bowed immediately.

"Why,I wonder?"
"My brother doesn't think there is a place for such feelings and warmth in his life.Besides,outside the family,his only contacts are maesters,artists and dear friend Choi in su"

Just then the orchestra switched to a waltz and from across the room,they watched Hayeon pulling Jimin towards the centre of the large ball room.Eun yeong crossed her arms over her chest and leant onto the wall beside the crown prince.Taehyung hadn't properly seen Jimin in the midst of the chaos,now that the floor cleared ,he saw his beloved more distinctly.The chandelier's shine was no match to Jimin, Taehyung even wondered if it'd put the stars to shame.When Jimin smiled as he took Hayeon's arms,the crown prince was sure it would.They danced amidst the cheers and laughter. Taehyung's eyes never left Jimin's and the other way around too.Jimin's brown eyes were half lidded as if he had drunk from holy grail.His body swayed to the notes of cello and Hayeon did her best to keep up.Taehyung sighed heavily.The song ended and another started.

"Although am not as good as my brother,I am definitely decent.Would you like to dance,Dear Prince?",Eun yeong offered and Taehyung realized that he had been struck in a trance for the past several minutes.

"Dance?"

"Yes!! Trust me it is not to make your brother envious.I am all just talk.But if the world is burning,might as well play with some fire",Eun yeong shrugged and Taehyung laughed before holding out his hand for her.Eun yeong took it,bowing her head lightly as he lead her towards the floor.

..
Hayeon rested her chin over Jimin's shoulders as they moved slowly across the floor,her hands circling up through the back.
"Are you tired, your royal highness?We could rest for a while",Jimin asked,his voice low.Hayeon sighed before speaking,"Can I let one of my thoughts down on you,Your royal highness?"

Jimin hummed.
"This room,all these people..Everyone has their eyes on me.They are in step with everything I do.They do not want to miss everything we do..I do"
"You're inexplicably beautiful, Princess.No wonder-"
"Everyone's eyes but your's.All the other gazes..I do not crave and the one I truly desire...I do not have",A tear spilled over Jimin's collars alarming him and the Princess pulled away,both of them finally coming to a stop in the midst of the other dancing pairs.

"Two hours...two hours since we walked into the ball room.Two hours and we have not left each other's side at all,our hands had been locked still..yet my spirits aren't lifted as of a newly engaged woman,much less someone in love..Your eyes never left my brother and his eyes, you.I would not be ever able to find peace like your sister although her partner has given little attention because she is not in love.I am..I am a fool", Hayeon's hands finally dropped,she took a bow and turned around,only to be stopped by Jimin,"Princess,I have never confessed affection towards you"
Hayeon nodded, leaving Jimin alone on the dance floor.

Hoseok made his way to the Prince to assure he was okay.Jimin just shook his head,"I need some drink,Excuse me"

..
Seokjin followed the princess into the darkness of garden.Her sobs were muffled by the loud orchestra as she ran into the depths.Her gown was pulled up together in her fist and her other hand rubbed angrily against her lips spreading the red over her face.She came to a stop,holding onto a park bench and slowly sat down.
"Your royal highness.."
"No..no",She cried some more,"Don't -"
She covered her face into her arms and let our more tears,"Why...why would he not like me? Why am I not enough for him?"

"Princess, It's.. It's not about being enough or not-"

"Silence, Ser Kim... Silence!! It is indeed that am not enough! What do I fall short against my brother? I am pretty,everyone says it.I am the princess of the largest kingdom,I said no to the every princes who ever courted me? Every other princes wanted me but not Prince Jimin.What am I falling short at?Or...",Hayeon scoffed in between her wet sobs,"Is it my brother's charm to satisfy Prince Jimin on bed? Is that it?"

"Princess Hayeon!! Are you hearing yourself!? This is so unlike you"
"Did I ever have an identity to myself at all? Am I not just a derived personality from my brothers?Even before Prince Jimin came into the castle,I was always on the edge.I wished for something..for someone for the very first time and I will,for sure,get it..I will get it",She got up as she wiped her tears and patted her cheeks dry.She let her gown down and walked towards the back entrance.Seokjin was shocked and rooted to the spot.

..

"Where did Hayeon leave to? Lady Seong hyu wants to convey her wishes",The Queen said,pulling Namjoon towards the halls,"I do not see her"
"Mother,she ..she has left"
"Left?!! She was the one the most excited over this  ball.I should have kept my eyes on her,what happened? Oh lord,what would I answer your father?"

"Mother,Calm down"

"How can I..I have this feeling since engagement started that something is wrong..And something indeed is.Hayeon has left the ball and Taehyung.. Taehyung doesn't seem alright.He was lost in some thoughts althrough the party and said he wanted to talk to me after the ball"

"He did?!"

"Yes,And you too..You wanted to talk to me too.Are you hiding something from me? Are you all in it?Oh,Namjoon.Tell me, sweetheart"
Namjoon closed his eyes,holding either side of his mother's hands,"I..yes,I cannot share Taehyung's thoughts for him but I can tell you mine"

Namjoon called the gaurd outside the ball room and asked to inform the King that the Queen had retired of fatigue.He proceeded to direct his mother to the chambers.

A/n: umm..some are very concerning.