14.

Maybe it was that Taehyung was really never attentive before but after his sister's confession few nights ago,he took notice how his sister was indeed in love.She'd light up everytime when someone as merely as mentioned the prince of Andeoara.Her spirits were immensely raised whenever Jimin came around and she constantly smiled in his company.One too many times, Taehyung even saw her making conversations with Ser Jung to learn about Jimin's likes on food and leisures and ordered the royal cook to fill the banquets with the same.

Maybe Taehyung's love for Jimin wasn't enough,he did not do anything for Jimin.If anything,he had only caused him sorrow and worries.Taehyung felt that his love wasn't enough to fight for him ,his love wasn't stronger.But if it wasn't,why does it hurt so much?

Why does it hurt so much when Yoongi walked in with news  next morning while he was in fields practicing archery only to keep his mind distracted from the loud echoes of laughter of people he loved.Yoongi bowed and Taehyung only nodded,taking aim to shoot his sixth arrow of the row.
"Your royal highness, I come with grim news",Yoongi said and Taehyung gave a moment to pull the next arrow.

"What is it?"

"I went down to the tavern last night and met Ser Jung.. Andeoarians were celebrating",Yoongi said and Taehyung shot an arrow,"celebrating what?"
"Taehyung..",Yoongi moved closer,"Prince Jimin had send a gaurd down to Andeoara"
"Why is that a news? Maybe something came up -"
"He's send for his mother's engagement ring.. to propose Princess Hayeon, Taehyung",Yoongi said and Taehyung stopped,his arm slipping off.His gaze stuck to the aim for a second or two before pulling the bowstring again,"Isn't it such good news,why would you call it grim,Ser Min?"

Yoongi huffed heavily as he put a hand on Taehyung's arm right after he shot.
"Taehyung,it's still not late",Yoongi worried his lower lips when Taehyung kept his silence,Yoongi spoke again impatiently,"You must tell him how you feel,There must be a way to figure this out"
Taehyung passed his bow to the chaperon and turned at Yoongi,"There's nothing to be figured out.He came here to court Hayeon and he had fallen for her -"

"You very much do know that's a lie",Yoongi cut in between.
"It is not,why else would he propose if not for love"

"The same reason why you wouldn't accept his love.The same reason why you had left him hurting",Yoongi said,there was some sort of determinance in his gaze.A sort of desperation to help Taehyung see reason but Taehyung was stubborn,he chose to be stubborn.
"I did what I had to do.I did what is good for my country.Now,If you will excuse me, I'd like to return to my chambers"
"For the country? Do not use your subjects for your cowardice",Yoongi snarled and Taehyung send him a sharp gaze,"You're stepping out of your limits,Ser Min.You're forgetting whom you're talking to.I am your future King"

Yoongi held his gaze,stepped back and bowed,"Thankyou for reminding me,your royal highness.Because I was under the impression that you were my little brother who sneaked out late to play in the middle of the night cause you missed your hyung.Made me want to save you a heartbreak.Thankyou for reminding my place.Excuse me",With that Yoongi walked away leaving to make his way back to the chambers alone.Yoongi's words stayed with Taehyung even after he was long gone and it hurt him.He knows well that Yoongi was looking out for him but there are things even Yoongi won't understand,he isn't a royal himself.How Taehyung wished he wasn't either ,he would be in Jimin's arms right then if he weren't.

..
Taehyung pondered over the million things that could have been and suddenly everyone in the castle were too busy and his own thoughts drowned in the midst.
Taehyung met Jimin days after early in the practice yard and Taehyung immediately felt his heart drop to his stomach as Jimin,with mastered proficiency practiced his sparring techniques.Jimin's eyes caught to Taehyung for a brief moment and Taehyung's lips parted in vain,no words spilled out of them.

"Prince Taehyung",Jimin acknowledged coming to a halt,sword by his side and he turned.Taehyung didn't know what he was even going to say but then Jimin's attention was brought back to Hayeon who was standing by the fence,cheering him on.
"Prince Jimin,I have brought you refreshments.. Please do rest for a while",Hayeon said as she latched a hand onto Jimin's arm and Jimin lightened up,"That is very considerate of you,Let me return the sword,dear Princess.Please do wait for me",Jimin said,bowing at Hayeon and taking his leave.Hayeon gave a dramatic sigh before turning to Taehyung,"I was so worried sick,brother.."

Taehyung hummed back in question and Hayeon hooked her hands around Taehyung's arm,"Prince Jimin looked so down since his return from Andoeara..I thought something vile had happened,now he looks heaps better"
"Return from Andoeara? When did he- Prince Jimin go to Andeoara?", Taehyung said as he pulled back and looked down at his sister.

"Oh!! You weren't here.You had gone down with Cousin to see over the storm aftermaths on father's orders, remember?", And Taehyung remembered it well.Jimin had told him he had missed his absence as well and what ensued after was something Taehyung struggled to forget.
"He left after you left with just two gaurds and returned before you came,brother.No wonder you didn't know!"

"But- but why did he go to Andeoara for two nights..", Taehyung didn't understand a bit and he followed his sister's gaze to Jimin who was talking to Master Ing.
"I do not know,brother.He told me it was something very important and  confidential in nature and he must go.My heart was aching in parting till he returned",Hayeon said as she let go of Taehyung's arm to greet Jimin,who was returning to them.

"Prince Jimin,why don't we-",Hayeon began but Taehyung interrupted,"Why did you go to Andeoara,Jimin?"
Jimin looked taken aback and took a moment or two compose his stance,he smiled,"Nothing that's important.Atleast not to you,Prince Taehyung"
"Anything regarding you is of the utmost importance to me", Taehyung said as he stepped forward and Hayeon frowned at him,eyebrows knitting dangerously together.

"What is that supposed to mean?",She asked.There was silence and then Taehyung stepped back,"I am Prince Jimin's official host,dear sister.I was concerned for his safety"
"Oh!",Hayeon sighed,pressing a hand over her forehead.But Jimin knew that wasn't what it meant,he held Taehyung's gaze for another few seconds and turned at Hayeon,"You were saying,My princess?"
"Oh yes! I was suggesting we should go visit Cousin Jungkook.He had been inviting us over for several weeks now",Hayeon said,pulling Jimin along and Taehyung stood where he did and hoped Jimin would turn around to him,atleast once.But Jimin didn't,he wouldn't.

A/n:Early update cause it's my birthday..
Also I love reading your comments,thanks a lot guys