03

Kim Taehyung strode fast down the corridors sending maids fleeing,moving swiftly to the sides bowing repeatedly at him.But Taehyung didn't care to stop and accept apologies,he needed to get to the practice yard as quick as he could and by the time he reached,only few of the Lords' sons and master of arms were present and they were all positively enthralled by his presence .
"Your royal highness",The master of arms bowed low and Taehyung accepted his greeting,"How nice of you to grace us with your presence?"
"I can hear the sarcasm dripping a little too much,Master Ing", Taehyung said as he drew a sword from the arms.Master-in-arms reached and patted lightly on Taehyung's arms.
"Let's see your posture,your royal highness",The master said as he stepped to the side leaving Taehyung to draw the sword into it's full length.Taehyung stepped to the back,left leg poised to hold the weight of his body and slid his hand on the metal of his blade before swishing,cutting through the air.Taehyung shifted forward with grace, slicing through the air again and again.He turned and pointed the sword and infront of him stood the crown prince of Andeoara.There was a pause as Taehyung heaved,panting lightly cause of the sudden use of his muscles and not enough air getting into his lungs.Taehyung's lips parted ,his sword still pointed at Jimin.And Jimin smiled.Jimin smiled in a way that made Taehyung's legs wobble.Taehyung drew back his sword and let out a heavy breath.

"Forgive me-"

"Prince Taehyung,It was not nice of you to not tell me you were good with  a blade.You've put me to shame",Jimin said,his eyes glistening bright.And Taehyung shook his head,"Please..In all honesty I am out of touch"
"Out of touch!! My Goodness",Jimin sounded surprised as he drew a sword himself,"Remind me to not be around you when you are at your best" , Jimin finished the sentence right behind Taehyung's ears.And then the ringing of Jimin's sword came.Taehyung turned around to face him and Jimin had his sword raised,"Would you like to parse with me,your royal highness?",He asked with a hint of amusement.Taehyung looked around and now the field was full.He had even missed Yoongi's and  Jungkook's arrival in the midst of the blades and shouts.Taehyung stood unsure and Jimin leant forward,"Dearest Jeon Jungkook had asked me to show you my sword dance since your royal highness missed it yesterday.Let me",Jimin leant back again and corrected his posture,"Parse with me, Taehyung.I'll let you win"
"I'd rather earn it", Taehyung said as he stepped back,sword raised at Jimin and Jimin smiled before taking the first swing and Taehyung blocked it skilfully.

"Bravo,cousin!!",Jungkook was shouting from somewhere.
Taehyung twisted and pushed Jimin's blade into the dirt and Jimin shifted back freeing his blade before striking to the left and Taehyung jumped to the side just in time to dodge Jimin's blow.Taehyung could feel his legs wobble a bit and they rounded the yard face to face.And before he knew it,Jimin's sword was on him again and Taehyung knew first hand of Jimin's light feet that Jungkook was talking about so much about.Taehyung barely knew how he was blocking Jimin's blows,he was just mesmerised at the way the sword shone against the sun and Taehyung wanted to go back to his study and make those strokes on a white parchment.Repeated strokes until it makes sense,it paints a picture,until it forms Jimin's warm brown eyes and suddenly it's not the blade Taehyung wanted to hold tight but one of the brushes with the softest bristles.And that's when the blade slipped out of his hand and he was lying on the ground,his back pressed to it.Much like how Jungkook was the last day and Taehyung saw the sun behind Jimin's head as he looked up,his blade pointed to his chest.

"Get up,Prince.Push me off and pick up your sword"

And Taehyung wanted to but he had no strength enough to do so,he was weak and not just physically.Every cells in his body had surrendered,every nerve ends wanted to give away.He blinked his sweat away.
"Taehyung",Jimin called him back to his senses and now the sword was no more pointed at him.Taehyung sat up and asked,"What had happened?"
"You stumbled upon a stone and I struck when you were falling back.It was my mistake",Jimin said and Taehyung wasn't sure if he should believe but he would choose that.Jimin extended a hand to pull Taehyung up and Taehyung mumbled a thanks.The crowd were cheering and Jungkook had dashed towards them.

"Cousin,I can't believe you haven't practiced for ages.You are still too good",Jungkook cheered and Taehyung smiled as he stepped away to hand  over his surcoat and sword to Yoongi.

"You did well",Yoongi patted him.
"I just lost my head for a moment", Taehyung breathed as his chest was heaved off the weight and then he saw Yoongi looking at him in a weird way.
"What?!"
Yoongi steered Taehyung away and breathed frustratedly,"There was  some kind of tension between the two of you"
"We were parsing,it is to be expected of-"
"Sexual tension",Yoongi was visibly uncomfortable, Taehyung thought he'd throw up any minute.
"Ser Min Yoongi!! Utterly absurd"
"Forgive me,your royal highness!! I just-"
Taehyung freed his cuffs and glared at Yoongi but then Jimin's soft voice was calling for him.

"Are you alright, Taehyung?"
"I..yes,I am", Taehyung breathed heavily.
"Taehyung, I hope you'd forgive-"
"Jimin,I need to go..head to bath and break fast..I-", Taehyung couldn't complete and Jimin was visibly confused.Taehyung made a quick exist not understanding himself why he had joined the practice in the first place.

..

When Taehyung stepped out of bath,damp hair dripping water onto the carpet that he would hear maids complain about later,he was bit more relaxed.The flowery scent wafted off into the room and he sighed.He promised himself that he wouldn't go back to the yard till Jimin's departure.He wouldn't care if his father would storm his chambers and make a scene.It is somehow better than getting defeated by the Andeoarian prince ,much better than wanting to spread his legs for the said prince.Taehyung gasped and hit his head himself to clear his mind of his unruly thoughts.This is something Yoongi had put into his head and he had no hands in it.

"Brother dearest,I am coming in", Hayeon's sound came from the threshold and Taehyung hummed back before grabbing his dress shirt and donning onto his body.
"Great,You've taken bath.I need a favour of you today",Hayeon pouted,a sure action that would get things done in her way and Taehyung asked as he tied his laces,"Yes"
"I have been let go off my tasks for today,Can we make a trip to the sea in the evening?"
"Yes,sure.Sister"
"That's wonderful.Prince Jimin would be delighted that you are joining",Hayeon jumped in excitement.
"Prince Jimin?!"
"Well, ofcourse.He was the one who suggested that we should go down to the waters.Afterall the northeners only see the mounts and hill",Hayeon sympathised but Taehyung would give anything to see them.He smiled back,"Yes,We shall go"

..

"Prince Taehyung,I didn't see you for  breaking fast",Jimin called out as he walked down to meet Namjoon and Taehyung bit his lips,"I..had other duties..Had to go down to the stables"
"Oh-"
"One of the horses...my horse ..is not doing well", Taehyung said, walking with Jimin and Jimin shared sympathy.
"I hope your heart is not too heavy.Your horse will make a haste recovery",Jimin said and Taehyung believed it immediately.
"I hope..I had rode him since I was thirteen and had not seen him sick before"
"That is a special connection indeed and for long years too.He is going to be alright and once he does,we'll go ride the moors together"

And Taehyung stopped,"You want to go ride the moors alongside me?"
"If your pride of losing in the yard doesn't stand in our way of getting closer,yes I want to ride along you",Jimin said and Taehyung wanted to reach out.He clasped his hands behind him tightly.
"My pride is not petty", Taehyung mumbled out.
"Then that is decided.Hope to see you at the shore.Your sister was eager to go",Jimin started walking,leaving Taehyung by the corridors.
"Aren't you eager,Prince?"

Jimin turned,walking backwards,"Much more eager if you are present"
Taehyung's lips blossomed to a smile,"I'll be present"
"Then am more eager than your sister",Jimin said as he twisted around in his feet and walked down the lane leaving Taehyung and his racing thoughts alone.

A/n: early update again..
Thoughts please