12.

"I heard there was a rather remarkable display of affection in the stables today",Namjoon carefully constructed his words and Taehyung who was standing ahead of him ran hands along the binds of new books Namjoon had bought last day.Taehyung turned around swiftly,his eyes wide,"Are there already rumours around about it?"
Namjoon couldn't help but laugh at his brother's comical expression although the business was serious ,he tapped the seat next to him.Taehyung sat down.
"Well,the word didn't get out.Ser Yoongi made sure of that but Hayeon came to me for insight"

Taehyung rubbed his forehead,he should have been careful.Namjoon patted him lightly,"She was just confused.Do not worry,I told her you two have grown quiet attached to each other and are good friends.She was relieved after that, actually delighted as well"
"Your words must have been convincing enough,Thankyou", Taehyung sighed a breath of relief and Namjoon send him a questioning glance.
"I thought he was unaware of your interests",Said Namjoon,opening the book he had been reading before Taehyung had came in to see him.
"He still is..", Taehyung cut short and Namjoon raised his eyebrows,"I'll keep my distance.He wouldn't know",With that Taehyung took off,reminding himself to apologize to his sister and to thank Yoongi for taking care of the rumours.When he walked down to the royal court,he came across Hayeon's gaurd.It was rare that she ever parted from her personal gaurd.

"Ser Seokjin"
Seokjin bowed,"Your royal highness"
"I don't see Princess Hayeon"
"Her royal highness had gone down to the vineyard and wished to be left alone with Prince Jimin"
"Jimin is with her?", Taehyung blurted out and tried to compose himself back but Seokjin had not noticed the shift in his demeanour.
"Yes,They had been in the vineyard from morning.Prince accompanied her since the breakfast",Seokjin said and Taehyung dismissed him after.Taehyung walked down to the first courtyard past the giant watch tower from where the Vineyard could clearly be seen.He ran a hand over the barriers overlooking the grounds as he walked,his eyes fixed on the entrance to the yard.He could see Jimin past the gate,burgundy pants pulled upto his knees,dress shirt folded to his elbows standing inside a large vat filled with grapes.He was laughing as he extended a hand towards Hayeon to join him to crush the grapes under their feet.Taehyung could see how flustered both of them looked and Hayeon was shying away from holding Jimin's hand but eventually gave in,lifting her robes to her ankles and taking Jimin's hand to step into the vat.There were laughter echoing off the vineyard and Taehyung bit his lips anxiously.
..

Taehyung promised himself and Namjoon that he'd stay away.And staying away was what he did,not always consciously.Sometimes he was too busy on his royal duties.For the next two days he had to go down to the market to speak with the local vendors and farmers to know about the conditions of how the sudden storm had affected their business.One of the visits had him ride down all the way to the grand church to see the archbishop under King's orders.Taehyung was indeed distracted from his sister and Jimin's affairs as he rode with Yoongi and Jungkook.Jungkook was the one who suggested they should go down to where Yoongi's hometown was and visit Yoongi's parents' home.When they sat down for luncheon, Yoongi's mother constantly apologized for not being able to fill the table enough for the future king and his company of 7,at times even hitting Yoongi on his back for not letting her know in advance.

"I think Prince Jimin is going to propose real soon",Jungkook said out of the blue while they stretched out to begin their journey back home.Yoongi send Taehyung a glance that he refused to meet.Jungkook continued even without a response,"I heard from Father that the King and Queen of Andeoara will visit us soon"
"What?", Taehyung blurted out,despite trying to sound non chalant.
"Yes,cousin!! If they are visiting, doesn't that mean Prince Jimin is going to propose to Hayeon and they might be coming down here for the event and ofcourse to manage the royal wedding after-",Jungkook kept ranting on but Taehyung was lost in his head already.Everything felt too quick ,felt too rushed.The portrait hadn't even saw it's completion.

From the outskirts of Elindross to all the way back to the capital, Taehyung had only one thought and it was about certain brown eyes.By the time the company reached the castle gates,the sun had set into the night several hours.Jungkook resigned first back into his mansion and before Taehyung could send Yoongi away and settle back to his own chambers,his name was called across the corridor,"Taehyung!!"

Taehyung bit his lips nervously,exhaling heavily before turning around,"Prince Jimin"
"You're back! I was hoping to see you soon",Jimin said,hands unclasping from his back to greet Taehyung but Taehyung made no movement.Taehyung could see the light disappearing from Jimin's eyes.

"I have missed you",Jimin tried but Taehyung got to him first,"Please excuse me,Prince Jimin.I have had a very tiring journey for the past days.I'd very much appreciate a good rest", Taehyung said as he bowed and tried to move forward only for Jimin to step infront of him.Yoongi wished to be elsewhere than witness Jimin struggling infront of a tsundere Taehyung.
"Ofcourse,but can I speak with you?",Jimin said,unsurely and added,"for a moment"
Taehyung looked visibly distraught and he was considering if he should give in or walk away.
"Prince Jimin,I am-"
"Please Tae..",Jimin extended his hand to hold Taehyung's and Taehyung was momentarily looking into Jimin's eyes and found himself weak.Yoongi took his cue and left the duo and Jimin pulled him to the balcony close.Taehyung looked down to the vineyard where he had seen Jimin and his sister last time and like he touched something hot, Taehyung retracted his hand from Jimin.If Jimin was hurt,it didn't show on his face.

"Taehyung-",Jimin began but was interjected by Taehyung's comment,"Make it haste,Prince Jimin"
"Um..I,I missed you...I was almost spiritless without you around"
Taehyung kept his eyes on the ground,refusing to look at Jimin again for he knows those eyes will be the cause of his death.
"I kept thinking about you and thought I'd gift you something when you come back so I-"
"Jimin", Taehyung raised his head a bit,still not really meeting Jimin's attention,"You are forgetting that you are courting my sister...Something you seem to forget  whenever I am around.You are spending a heaps of time with my sister and I shouldn't be the one you think about for she already has your attention.She might already have your heart and should have your soul and mind too"

"Taehyung,what are you-"

"Forgive me if I gave you any wrong intuitions.Although I understand your emotions, I'll have to beg of you to not pursue them.I made that notion clear already.Propose to my sister and carry on to wed her"
"Excuse me,Prince Taehyung.I had not pursued you since the moment on the shore.You were the one who found me in my study,You were the one who offered me the ride.. If anything,you are the one who is sending me all these signs and left me in a dilemma",Jimin breathed,"Yet I did not pursue you with that in mind.I wouldn't pursue you until you say it verbally giving me your consent.I was brought up well and I value decorum utmost , Prince Taehyung.How dare you accuse me of something so preposterous!!",The first tear fell down Jimin's cheeks carrying a part of Taehyung's heart with it.More tears fell after them and Jimin's face was red,"And you don't have freedom over my choices whether to wed your sister or not.Though my feelings for you have not changed a bit,I value your friendship over it.Don't be a prude and put me in spot for something I didn't even spend thoughts on"

"Jimin-", Taehyung didn't know why he even called for the other.
"I do not wish to be around you.Forgive me, Prince Taehyung",Jimin bowed lightly before taking flight.And Kim Taehyung was a very stupid man,he had hurt someone he was ready to give his heart to.He had hurt someone whom he wished to spend the rest of his life and ride to end of dawns with.Taehyung could never forgive himself for it.

A/n: Sorry but Thoughts?