Arc 1: Immaterial Bonds Chapter 1: Floating Ashore

DISCLAIMER:

This story is told within three arcs, continuing on from the previous. Each arc features a plot entirely devised from my own creation and takes place before the events of the books and movies. As such, minimal Harry Potter knowledge is needed. While every effort has been taken to meet canon (I'm sure the Wiki loves me), there may be diversions in order to meet a storytelling need. All characters behave in a manner that I believe they would, including character development and growth. If they appear to act out of character, I apologise.

This was originally written as an MC/self-insert book. However, I grew attached to the "assumed" MC and have decided to keep her as the book's protagonist. I hope that, despite this, you will continue to read and enjoy.

Profile:
Name: Cassandra Juniper/Fudge. Age: 27. Blood Status: Half-Blood. Patronus: Unable to Cast at present. Height: Average (British female: approx 5'5" 165cm) Hair: Medium, brown, wavy. Eye Colour: Mixture of blue and green. 

Please note that this book focuses on character development. If you do not like the initial interpretation of Cassandra or Snape, do not worry. They will change over time to reflect the consequences of events that occur.

 They will change over time to reflect the consequences of events that occur

(Artist Credit: juniperfawnart on Instagram)

Arc 1: Immaterial Bonds
Chapter 1: Floating Ashore

Do you ever feel sometimes that... you're destined for less? It sounds cliche but when you consider my circumstances, it's understandable why that would be the case.

As daughter to the Minister of Magic, Cornelius Fudge, it has been my duty since birth to be destined for incredible things. After all, it would be shameful for the Minister's child to be any less than perfect. Only the very best wizards and witches were allowed to be a part of my curriculum and I indeed worked to the bone to be where I am.

Typically, when it is time for the Ministry to change ministers, there is a vote to decide who will take that spot. However, my father assured everyone that there would be no better person for the position after him than me. Honestly, I don't think he considered whether that was what I wanted but it's what has been decided for me. But I didn't want to merely accept the position; I wanted to earn it. Swiftly, I rose through the ranks of those who aspired for the position to where nobody could deny me.

So, because of that, my day-to-day tasks involved little more than shadowing my father. Filling his paperwork, talking to those who had negotiations, and participating in the Wizengamot... It was almost mind-numbingly dull the majority of the time. Was this really what I was destined for?

Internal desperations aside, today was a day like no other. In my office, I sat reviewing the notes for a new potential law about moderating the speed of broomsticks for underaged wizards.

"A load of nonsense..." I sighed, pressing my face into my hands and kicking the inside of my desk lightly. Without thinking, I shoved the documents into the pandemonium of already scattered sheets on my desk. The pile ungracefully fell to the carpeted floor with a thud. With a more intense sigh, I pulled out my wand and recovered the papers into a much neater Ministry-approved organisation. If only there were a way to use magic to reconstruct my brain to enjoy this.