Arc 3: Chapter 11: Meeting You Here

Arc 3: Enraptured Revelation
Chapter 11: Meeting You Here, Brings Tearful Memories

I did as he commanded and filled the final slot. The Amulet, after so long, was finally complete.

Five of the lights that surrounded us began to change and morph... Into the shapes of five young children. There before me stood Jessica Marin, Rayer Terrell, Christina Beckett, Lionel MacKenna and Genny Roberts. They looked just as they did before they died... So full of life... Lionel and Genny stood slightly further away from the other three.

"Speak to them. They have been waiting a long time to see you." the prince said. Hesitantly, I approached Jessica, Rayer and Christina.

"Hey! If it isn't our detective!" Rayer called out with a bright grin. He was as lively as ever.

"Oh! Miss Juniper! I've wanted to meet you for ages!" Christina squealed happily and hugged me with all her might. Despite her ghostly form, I was able to feel her squeeze. I gently hugged her back.

"So this is the ancient power of Ylgind... Fascinating." Jessica spoke to herself and wrote down in a notebook. Despite being dead, Jessica was always taking notes and studying.

"You three..." I said as tears fell down my face.  I pulled Jessica and Rayer into the hug, though Jessica wasn't entirely a fan.

"How-How have you been?" I sobbed lightly.

"It's kind of awesome being a ghost. You brought me so much fame that everyone remembers me and I don't have to break my arm for it!" Rayer said without considering the meaning of his words.

"Quite. As time does not pass, I can read all the books in the world. The number of hypotheses I have, you would not believe. A shame I could not take my NEWTs." Jessica reminisced. She was so anxious she would fail them but any reasonable person would know she would be more than fine.

Christina went and hugged Jessica. She was much smaller so it was more around her waist but Jessica gently patted her head. "I finally have friends. Jessica is so kind and Genny is like a big sister to me!" She was deceased and yet she was the happiest she ever had been.

The question on my mind was burning and I could not hold it in any longer. "Do you blame me for what happened?"

Rayer's jaw dropped, Christina gasped and Jessica rolled her eyes.

Jessica spoke for the three of them. "Forgive me for being a prude but why would we blame you? You weren't in control of the Hound. You were trying to save us. The outcome happened but you did avenge us. That horrendous man is gone now."

My heart felt relieved. The anxiety I had balled up for the past year finally came out.

Christina pulled at my sleeve. "I think Genny wants to talk to you now." she pointed out. Indeed, Genny leant against one of the nearby tombs in preparation for my arrival.

As I approached, she stood up straight. Her piercing green eyes first felt oppressive but they changed to friendliness. It was only now I could truly see how long her hair was, considering it went long below her photo. It was practically at her hips.

"We meet at last." she said. Her voice was silky as expected. She was a girl of outstanding beauty and she was aware of it, no matter whether she was alive or dead. She placed a soft hand on my shoulder and turned me away from everyone else. "How is he?" she asked.

I knew she was talking about Severus. Whether she actually loved him or not was always a question but her asking confirmed it. Severus stood beside Lockhart making sure he wouldn't move but he kept a close eye on me the entire time. This was a moment for me and me alone and he didn't dare to interrupt, no matter how much I would want him beside me.