Arc 3: Chapter 12: The Tales Coming

Arc 3: Enraptured Revelation
Chapter 12: The Tales Coming; Bring Me Gratification 

As Severus and I travelled back to Hogwarts, I realised there was an odd question on my mind. Just how did Lockhart know where we were? He certainly didn't appear like the type to go anywhere dangerous unless forced. The fact he came with us for the Abyssian Blade felt rather out of character for him too... considering how much of a coward he was. Was he truly that lucky? Had he been tracking us? Did someone send him after us? I wound up having to shrug it off but the curiosity did send shivers on occasion. 

Surprisingly, only a few hours had passed since we left but Trelawney and Patricia were nowhere to be found. It was strange, I would have imagined them to have stayed put or gone somewhere quiet but none of the places we searched proved fruitful. It wasn't until we passed the Quidditch pitch that odd noises were heard within one of the team tents. 

"Yeah, just like that, Cinnamon-" Patricia audibly called out excited. 

I eyed Severus with a petrified look. What on Earth could they be doing in there? Against my best judgement, I flung open the tent's flaps to see the two on opposite ends of the table with what looked to be a betting sheet between them.

"Cutie! Stoic! It's not what it looks like!" Patricia fumbled and threw her top half on top of the sheet so we couldn't see.

"Please tell me, for my own sanity, that all you were doing was using Divination to make bets." I said incredibly stressed out of my wit.

"Look, we were bored! We had no idea when you were going to come back!" Patricia protested but she knew she had been caught. "If you have a Seer with you, why shouldn't you use her to make some Galleons?"

Poor Trelawney looked mortified. She was used to getting caught fumbling and walking into things from her clumsiness but this was her first time in a situation like this. Frankly, I felt sympathetic for her. Imagine if Severus and I got caught in a somewhat compromising position...

"Why are you blushing?" Severus asked blankly to me.

Uh oh. 

"I'm not blushing, I'm just... hot. Yeah. Very hot. Summertime sure is humid, huh?" I fanned myself dramatically. 

"A likely story." 

"So anyway!" I said far too loudly. "Do you two have the tome on you?"

"I sensed you were successful, Cassandra. I have it right here." Trelawney handed me the book. 

I quickly explained to them what had happened in the Forbidden Forest. The details about the crypt, Arifica, the lights and the prince. Though, I deliberately left out the parts where we almost killed Lockhart on multiple occasions. 

"We found the final piece and the prince left me this." I pulled out the Abyssian Blade and presented it. Trelawney flinched away. 

"This sword is tainted with horrible energy. I cannot stand being near it." she shuddered. 

"That's what I'm wondering... if there's any way to purify it. The prince said it used to be such a beautiful blade but..." I gently stroked its metallic sharpness. "it hasn't been so for thousands of years."

Sitting down with the duo and Severus, I placed the blade on the table with the tome. Turning to the page with the riddle, I noticed the writing was exactly the same as before. Nothing had changed... except...

It was a hunch but I didn't feel like this was the last Ylgind had to offer. Perhaps her deliverance for me was complete but she must have known about her father. After all, she was omniscient. The Amulet was filled and so should this story be. I opened my palm wide above the page and the Amulet began to glow along with the words on the page. They morphed into something entirely different from before.