Chapter 1 - My Angel

Holden's POV

Holden's POV

"Um... Holden. Why is Elizabeth on your back?" Thuy said asking.

"It's because we did four laps around the school and I lost too much energy." Elizabeth said holding on to me.

"That's true, my feet are killing me." Thuy said slowing down as she caught up to us.

Denzel ran to us. "Okay that's it, I'm done. Fuck Mr. Singleton, I'm done for today." He said running out of breath.

"Denzel, you played football." Elizabeth said to him.

"That's running across the field at night when it's cold. We're running around the track in the heat, Elizabeth."

"Don't forget it was the fall to, so that means it was getting cold as well." Thuy said as we were going to the entrance of the gym.

"Exactly." Denzel said as he points at Thuy when she said that.

"I'm tired and not at the same time." I said walking to the doors.

"Nigga, think he all that cause he's a runner." Denzel said walking to the water fountain.

We walked into school to go to the water fountain. The four of us go to the water fountain with Elizabeth still on my back, Elizabeth got off my back as she and Denzel went to the fountain, and Thuy and I sat on a window sill.

"Hey Holden, can I ask you a question?" Thuy said turning to me.

I turn to look at her. "I guess?" I said quietly.

"I know we started hanging out last year but even before I met you guys I notice you always looking at Elizabeth. Since we did sit next to each other in Algebra, from the corner of my eye I notice you staring at her and you guys always smile and laugh with each other the most. So I'm just wondering if you like her or not?" Thuy said.

I looked back at Elizabeth sipping on the water fountain. Wow, the sunlight from the window makes her look so beautiful.

"Come on Lizzie, you taking up too much of the fountain." Denzel said hurrying her up.

She stop sipping from the fountain. "Denzel, I was dying from the heat."

"So have I! I'm not like Nigerian Usain Bolt over there." Denzel said pointing at me and chuckling.

"Use the second one!" She said still drinking.

"I'm too tall for that shit!" he said as she finished.

She looked at both of us and gave her best smile to us. I smile back because she's the type of person to always smile back.

"I'll step on them pink new balance." Denzel said looking down at her shoes.

Elizabeth looked down. "Then I'll step on your Jordan's." she gave Denzel a 'try me' look.

Elizabeth had her right leg up and her foot above his shoes. "Don't step on my J's bitch!" Denzel said jumping away and making each other laugh.