Chapter 7 - Guess Who's Coming To Dinner

Elizabeth's POV

*Flashback*

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

When I got up early, I got dressed with a long sleeve light blue shirt with a snowman, blue jeans, fuzzy socks and high top converse. I came out of my room, brushed my teeth and went to go to the kitchen to make two peanut butter and jelly sandwich for Holden and me.

As I was putting the jelly on after the peanut butter dad walked in.

"Hey Lizzie, what are you doing?" Dad said as he kissed the top of my head.

"I'm making two sandwiches. One for me and one for Holden." I said finishing the first sandwich.

My dad poured coffee in his mug and leaned back on the counter. "Why are you making one for Holden?"

I got started with the second sandwich. "Well when we were walking home on Thursday there was all their stuff were in front of the house and Mr. and Mrs. Chukwuzi and a women were arguing. The next day Holden didn't come to school and yesterday, he didn't have no lunch and he started to smell a bit." I said finishing making the second sandwich.

"You know what, Adedayo, Juwon, and Moreni have been acting weird too." Dad said finishing his coffee. "I'm gonna get some McDonald's or Wendy's for them." he said putting the mug in the sink.

Simon and Kimberly came down.

"Hey dad, bye dad." Kimberly said to us as she's putting her jacket on.

"Wait, Kimmy, you're not going to have breakfast?"

"No, Gabby's mum is getting us McDonald's for breakfast before school starts, bye." Kimberly said leaving.

"Wait, Kimberly." Dad said as he jogged to the door.

"Yes, dad?"

"Talk to ether Dara or Temidire, somethings going on with them."

"Alright dad, I'll try if I see any of them but they're a grade above me." Kimmy said as she left the front door.

"Simon, you and Elizabeth have to come to the high school with me until eight." Dad said as he started to get ready.

"Elizabeth, did you eat?" Dad said as he came back from his room.

"I'll grab a pop tart." I said getting one from the box from the bottom cabinet.

"Fine, Simon go brush your teeth." He said looking up from the table to see him gone.

"I'm way ahead of you dad. I knew you had to take us early." Simon said as he's walking to the coat hanger. "Hey Lizzy, can you give me a pop tart too."

We all went to the high school than at 7:50 Simon and I went to our schools. Simon walked me to the school doors and we hugged before he left to go across the street since that school was for 5th and 6th graders. Who ever shows up early before every teacher comes students wait in the lobby and I see Holden being the only one there sitting by himself and it looked like he didn't get enough sleep.

"Hi Holden." I said sitting down next to him.

He yawned and waved.

"Have you been sleeping alright?" I said being concerned.

He didn't say nothing as a few students got up to go to their classrooms and as Holden and I were walking to our class. The whole morning Holden has been the most quiet he has been and I didn't want to be rude but he started to smell more but I wasn't affected by it. Lunch time came and all I see is Holden sitting by himself with his head down. He had a black light jacket, I believe a dark green shirt underneath, big blue jeans and white fila sneakers.