Chapter 4 - The Gift and Conflict

(Content Warning this involves a racist police officer and shooting so giving you readers a heads up as you can pass that part if you don't want to read that part)

Holden's P.O.V.

2nd period gym class and it was dodgeball and that's when Mr. Singleton don't pay attention to... well everyone because since he loves to join when we play dodgeball, basketball, football, and baseball.

Since this morning I wanted to talk to Thuy, Monique, and Selena for women's perspective for gift giving for a female friend that you want to become more than friends.

Selena left the gym first, then me, than Thuy. We waited in the hallway for Monique since she wasn't in the class with us.

Monique turned a corner. "Okay. I got out of Child Education for this so what's up?" Monique said as she walked up to us.

"Okay I want to talk to you girls about something."

"What is it Holden?" Thuy said as she leaned on the wall.

"I need advise about getting a friend a gift."

"What kind of advise?" Selena said as she's stands next to Thuy.

"Woman advise." I said being a little embarrassed.  

"And you couldn't talk to any of the boys about this?"

"No I couldn't." I said as I gesturing than to look at the door. I open the gym door to see why. Rubber balls flying across the gym and we saw Corey get hit in the balls by one.

"AAAHHH!" Corey shrieked as he puts his hands to his balls.

"NNNNOOOO COREY!" Marlon screamed as he ran to him. "You got to always protect the mcnuggets, man!" Marlon said as he faced him.

Benicio than throw a ball at Marlon hitting him in the back of the head. "Benny Blanco del Bronx es una bestia en dodgeball, hijos de puta." (Benny Blanco from the Bronx is a beast in dodgeball, motherfuckers.)

"Yeah... I don't know what you said but yeah you are." Mr. Singleton said as he hi fived Benicio.

Two girls in the class Maria Rodriguez and Regina Hailey both threw the rubber balls at the both of them. Maria hit Mr. Singleton in the face and Regina hit Benicio in the stomach.

"You shouldn't have got cocky, boys." Regina said laughing. 

"You both are outta here!" Maria said as she hi fived Regina.

I shut the door. "You see my point." 

"I'm saving this." Monique said as she laughed as she recorded it than put her phone away. 

"Send that to me later." Thuy said to her also laughing.

"So what do you want to know?" Selena said.

"I want to know what's the perfect gift is for... Elizabeth?" I said to them.

They all smiled at the same time and it freaked me out.

"Fuck them kids in Child Education, this more important!" Monique said.

"Okay Holden, you know Elizabeth the best so what do you think she wants?" Selena said to me.

"I just want to give her something to ask her to be my girl."

"FINALLY! Okay It has to be meaningful." Thuy said as her and I got walking back and forth but in different directions.

Selena put her arms to the wall like she put her had down on the table while Monique is sitting on the ground with her knees up and holding her hands together as she rest of chin on her middle fingers.