Chapter 10 - First Date Night

Holden's POV

*Flashback*

8th Grade, March 17, 2017, 3:56 in the afternoon. 

Elizabeth, Monique, and Selena are on the girls softball team and the guys and I were going to cheer for them. I had my black hoodie and big red shirt underneath cause I wanted to show the team support. I had my blue jeans and my first pair of Nike white high top air forces. I had on earbuds almost half the time since I got my first ever phone in December. 8th grade was the year I was listening and watching the American black culture since all I had was Nigerian shows and I want to see something with my eyes and hear with my own ears.

I was listening to 70s, 80s and 90s old school r&b music cause these singers know how to get that girl or guy they want.

I was listening to a Keith Sweat song (There You Go) Tellin' Me No Again.

I heard this song in New Jack City a crazy hood movie I seen earlier this month. But the thing is everytime I listen to these songs Elizabeth pops in my head I mean she's beautiful but I didn't want to think of her like that.

I mean there's a lyrics saying 'I wanna be more than just your friend'  but I have nothing to say after I keep thinking about that lyric.

"Yo, here they come." Corey said pointing to the team going to the dugout.

We all hi five the girls while heading to the bleachers I was the last of the guys and Elizabeth was the last of the girls. Our school team are the Thomas Jefferson Lions so our team color is black and orange and wow Elizabeth looks good in orange. She came out with double Dutch braids to her black and red cap.

"Hey Holden, you came to cheer for us?" Elizabeth with a big smile.

"Yeah... I mean we all did." I said with a shy smile.

"Thanks and you still going to the movies with us tonight?"

"Yeah, I finally convinced my mother I could go out tonight cause she don't want her son who turned 11 three months ago to go somewhere after dark even know the one friend I have that she trust more than her own husband is going." I said making her laugh.

"That's fantastic that your mom is letting you come with us."

"Once I mentioned you she changed her mind cause she loves you." I said making her smile.

"Watson, come over hear we're going over the plays." Couch Rossi said with a smile.

"I got to go. If we don't go over the plays before the game she's gonna get the monster to come out of her." she said laughing and walking away.

"I'm cheering for you... and the rest." I said awkwardly hollering to her.

She stopped and walked up to me and she kissed me right on my left cheek. "Thank you, Holden." she said jogging to the team looking back smiling while I'm being stunned with her kiss on my cheek. I was definitely blushing.  

I walked up the bleachers and the guys smiling at me.

"We saw that Holden." Carlos said smiling at me.

Pass You By (On Hold and Rewriting)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें