Chapter 27 - Return of the Jerk

Elizabeth's POV

*Flashback*

August 29th, 2016.

It was the first day of 8th grade I had a purple flower floral dress with white thong sandals. I was walking with Holden and he had on a plan white shirt, black jeans, and white high top Fila sneakers on.

"Holden, are ready for 8th grade?" I said to him

"No" he said

"Why not? One more year then high school" I said being excited

"Because it's school, Elizabeth" he said looking at me

"Hey, do you think something is going to happen this year?"

"What you mean by that?" He said being confused

"I mean every one except for you are 13 and since we're all teenagers do you think people are gonna start dating?"

"Why you worry about that? Last year you said your father won't let you and Kimberly date until you turn 18"

"I know I'm just wondering"

"Is this because Carlos started to like Selena?"

I turned him to face me "Carlos likes Selena?" I said being shocked

"Oh I forgot to tell you that when you came back from London" he said chuckling

We walked to the middle school and we saw Carlos, Selena, Marlon, Denzel, Benicio, and Monique. Marlon had a high top fade at the time and wearing all black, black shirt, shorts and sneakers. Denzel with plaits braid with a track suit and Jordan's on with a cross chain. Monique had on a white shirt saying 'queen' with blue jean shorts and high top retro Nikes on. Selena also had a jean jacket over a black crop tip with a black mini skirt and black thong sandals. Carlos had on a long sleeve green flannel shirt and blue jeans and low top Adidas on. Benicio had a blue baseball t shirt with blue jeans and white air forces on.

"Yo, we all look fresh as fuck today" Monique said checking us all out

"Hey Benicio, I like them white air forces man" Denzel said looking down at Ben's shoes

"Yo they are clean" Marlon said waving them in mid air

"Aye, maybe we should get Holden a pair?" Marlon said looking up at Holden

Holden sat on the stairs "They're expensive man. I'm not even gonna bother asking my parents they got three mouths to feed since Adedayo, Oba, and Latifah left"

"Same here man" Carlos said sitting next to Holden

"Hey where's Corey?" Selena said looking around

There was a truck coming and it was playing that song from the movie Back To The Future 'The Power of Love'.

The truck was coming and everybody saw Corey on a skateboard riding on the back of the truck like Marty McFly.

"That's the power of love" the truck raido played before Corey let go "Thanks Brock" he said skating up to school property