Chapter 20 - Summertime

Elizabeth's POV

It's mid August now and alot of stuff happened. Holden pressed charges on the cop who shot him, now he's in jail for 50 years. The three guys who assaulted us, are going to jail for a few years, but one of them is going to death row after evidence found him being like our generation of Ted Bundy. For Bartleby, he's going to be in jail for a long time, basically half of students and faculty told bad stories, there was assault, harassment, he attempted to rape me and there's news he tried to do it too more girls, Corey pressed charges for almost setting his barn on fire, so there's arson on his record, and he didn't even graduated.

My baby bump is starting to show up, and I still can't believe I'm pregnant by my best friend who I love is the father. Our families and friends have been great to us, they been here since day one. Holden and I have decided to wait till I give birth for the gender, we been picking names but none really spoke out.

"Baby, these names, I don't really see them for the baby" Holden said looking at the names

"Me neither, but we still got to February to find one" I said looking at him

Holden and I were laying on his bed and his hand rubbing on my stomach "Holden, what are you doing" I giggled

"I'm trying to be like Selena and have some sense to know what the baby wants to be named"

"And how is that going"

"I'm getting nothing" he said laughing

"Hey E, I feel sorry for you"

I looked up to giggle "Why"

"Because February is cold, that baby gonna be freezing when they come out the the womb" he said laughing "My mom knows how it feels cause I'm a winter baby"

"It's better than the summer"

"May is close to summer but is still warm but not hot" he said

"Did you mom told you had to carry you in the deadly winter" I said with a grin

"Yeah... she did and I was born in the afternoon so" he said with a chuckle

"Are you ready for people to look at us in college"

"I don't care what they would think"

"It's not everyday that a black guy gets a white girl pregnant before or during college and still going college together"

"Holden I don't care what would happened, we're in this together" I said holding his hand smiling

Holden sat up from his bed "I know I'm just thinking about the future you know"

I sat up next to him "I know, I think about that a little bit now. I never told you this but you're the only black person that got one of my family members pregnant or getting married well that I know of. When we moved to America, we haven't keep in touch with the distance cousins, so I don't know if any of them dating any minority"

"For real, well your the first white girl getting into my family"

"But not the first, non black person because Latifah married Benicio's brother... um"

"Lorenzo, yeah never thought any of us would date someone who wasn't Nigerian" he said with a chuckle

"You want me to tell you a story" I said with a smile

"Ooh story time" he said with a smile

*Flashback*

We were nine playing in my backyard and you were trying to be Superman and I was being Lois Lane, you saved me and I kissed your cheek. Kimberly and Simon were making these jokes like the typical one.