Chapter 8 - Telling Everyone

Elizabeth's POV

*Flashback*

9th Grade the group and I were walking outside for dismissal Denzel and Thuy walked to town since they live in the air and the our town and the high school is walking distance from 10 minutes. Corey, Carlos, and Monique went to their bus while Selena, Marlon, Holden, and I are walking out and Bartleby and his friends Thomas, Scotty, and Jeff were running and Holden was about to turn with his right leg going first, Bartleby ran to his leg making him launch across half of the lot.

Everyone was laughing then Bartleby face got red. "What the hell man, why did you trip me?" Bartleby said with anger.

Holden didn't say nothing.

Bartleby got up and angrily walked to Holden's face. "Talk you fucking mute! If you do that again, there's going to be hell to pay!"

"He's not a mute anymore, Bartleby!" I said to him.

"Yeah, man, I don't want to be that guy but you should listen to the teachers when they say 'No running in the halls'." Marlon said to Bartleby.

"I-I'm so sorry." Holden said in a frighten tone.

I got in between them. "That's enough Bartleby, leave Holden alone it was a accident and he said he was sorry." I said pushing Bartleby away.

He looked at me and kindly moved me aside. "No way, he's dead!"

"So you're going to beat up a 12 year old for accidently tripping you? That just pathetic that you would do that." Selena said

Bartleby ignored Selena and started to step forward to swing at Holden, he dodged the punch. He got more mad then was about to tackle him then Holden moved to the right and Bartleby hit his head on the light pole and got knocked out. Everyone laughed and continued their day.

"Should we stay with him?" Scotty said to Jeff and Thomas.

Jeff looked at phone to check the time. "Nah, I got to baseball practice, see ya." Jeff said leaving them.

"I'm going home it's Taco Tuesday. Staying here, taco Tuesday, staying home or taco Tuesday? I'm getting me some tacos." Thomas said going to his bus.

Scotty looked at us then back on the ground at Bartleby and shrugged and left.

"Are they friends or associates?" Selena asked the three of us.

"They left their 'boy' here so yes." Marlon said laughing. 

Simon quickly ran to us and as he stop he sees Bartleby on the ground. "Dang, I ran all the way from the school to stop Muldoon into fighting Holden just so he can knock himself out with a light pole."

"He was so enrage to think of his surroundings." I said as the three of us looked at him on the ground unconscious.

"You alright, Holden? Your siblings told me to watch over you during high school." Simon said to him.

I look to see Holden was a bit scared of what he just did but I reassured him as I grabbed both of his hands and look at him in the eyes. "Hey, you said you were sorry politely and he was being a jerk about it. You did the right thing, Doodle."