Chapter 5 - Back To Reality

Holden's POV

"What in the world. Am I in heaven?" I said waking up to blue sky and clouds everywhere.

I look down at what I'm wearing and I'm wearing the same thing but white. I'm looking around to see anyone but there's someone on the basketball court, aye heaven do got everything. I walked over to the court and I see a black dude playing by himself, dang he looks 6"4'. Wearing a all white basketball jersey, shorts, socks, and shoes on.

"Excuse's me." I said to him as he turned around

Wow. It's like looking at a mirror, he looks just like me, he got a short fade but we still look the same.

"Hey, you need help?" He said smiling and he got a thick Nigerian accent.

"Hey... Where am I at?"

"Oh. You're outside from heaven. Don't you see the stairway to heaven." He said laughing.

"No, there's must be a misunderstanding. I'm not dead, am I?" I said questioning him.

"You are, Lil' man." He said dribbling the basketball.

"No, it can't be." I said to him.

"It's true you died from internal bleeding from the gun shot wound on your left shoulder." He said pointing to it.

I looked down at it and I was in disbelief. "No, no I don't believe that. I'm just... dreaming! I'm dreaming right now."

"You been 'dreaming' for four in a half days."

"FOUR IN A HALF DAYS!"

"Friday night you were in a coma than you just died tonight."

"I can't believe this!"

"Believe it lil' man."

"Lil' man? Were the same height."

"But I'm a few seconds older." He said smiling.

"Has- Hassan?"

"In the flesh... well spirt." He said as we hugged.

"But you died as an infant. H-how are you 15?" I said can't believing I'm talking to my twin.

"In heaven, you can look and be whatever and whoever you want. I heard you were coming so I aged myself." He said laughing.

"So you been watching over me?"

"Yeah, I'm proud of you. Skipping grades at the age of five, having a big friend group like some tv show, going to college." Hassan said being happy for me.

"I don't know about the college, I haven't got accepted yet."

He put his hand on my right side. "But you will."

"Hey, you want to help me with something?"

"Sure, what is it."

He started to walk back in the court as I followed him. "Now I'm like you on the basketball court but there's one thing I can't do."

"What is it?"

"I can't make a three throw. I can dunk but every time I'm on the three point line it won't go in."

"Show me." I said to him.

He demonstrates and as he shoots the ball and it just falls.