Day 4

Today I had one of the strangest realizations.

I was walking down the road when I ran into Desdemona. "Oh, hey Illumi!" They said.

"Oh, hello, Dez. How are you?"

"I'm well. So, what have you been up to?"

"I've been talking more with Killua and Hisoka lately. And you?"

"Nothing much. But you've been hanging out with Hisoka?"

"Yes, why?"

They laughed. "And he hasn't asked you out?"

"No. Why would he?"

"OH MY GOD, ILLUMI! HOW CAN YOU BE SO DAFT?!"

"What?"

They sighed deeply, then put their hand on my shoulder. "Illumi, has Hisoka been asking you to hang out with him?"

"Yes, why?"

"And have you been agreeing to go?"

"Yes, why?"

They sighed deeply again, then said, "Illumi, I think you have a mutual pining thing going on."

"What's mutual pining?"

"When you like someone and that same person likes you. That's mutual pining. You have no relationship experience, do you?"

"No, I don't."

"Fine then, I'll help you. On one condition."

"What's the condition?"

"You at least shoot your shot with Hisoka by the end of the month."

"Shoot my shot?"

They face palmed, and said, "It means to ask him out. Be as subtle or as obvious as you want. I don't care. Just do it."

"Okay. I will."

"Good. Hug?" They asked. I replied by opening my arms and allowing them to hug me.

It was weird when I finally realized that I like Hisoka, but after a while, it began to make sense. We had known each other a long time, and I probably just...fell for him one day. But how was I to tell him?

Word count: 249