Story

*No One's P.O.V*

Bunny held Jack tight until he calmed down, eventually pulling away to look at him. "That happened a while ago, mate. Don't worry 'bout it okay?" The Pooka reassured as Jack hesitantly nodded while rubbing his healed temple.

Bunny obviously took notice and stood up. "I'll make you some herbal tea for the headache, yeah? It'll help you relax too." Bunny offered and Jack gave him a small smile. Bunny pat the boy's head and made his way to the kitchen as North and Tooth approached Jack.

The boy looked at them nervously, but replayed Bunny's words that it was okay over in his head. "You okay, Sweet Tooth? Headache?" Tooth asked for confirmation, resting a comforting hand on his shoulder as she spoke.

He nodded slowly. "I have a question. It's a little random though.." he spoke softly before trailing off. "Ask away," North put his hands on his hips in preparation for the question.

"So.. so far, the small peices of memories I've gotten of the kids are..." his brows knitted together as he gave up on rubbing his temple, opting to fiddle with his hands. "They were a lot younger in my memories but, now they're older. I don't understand.." he looked up at them in confusion, something he finds himself doing quite often lately.

"Well," Tooth began, taking a seat next to Jack who gave his full attention to her. "It was back when you met them, probably. Your mind is trying to put things together that feel familiar so it ties older memories to the present." She tried to explain.

Jack nodded in somewhat  understanding, "When you say 'older', what do you mean? How old?" He asked in genuine curiosity. "About 5 years ago. Meeting them was very important to you and it had a huge impact on you since they were the first humans to see you in 3 centuries." Tooth blurted out, realizing she said more than she should have.

North facepalmed quite hard at that. Jack's eyes grew comically wide. "Wait what?! What does that mean?!" He asked in shock and slight fear. "Oi! What happened in here?!" Came Bunny's booming voice.

He marched over with a tray holding cups of tea on it and set it down before pushing the Tooth Fairy and North away from a visibly shocked Jack. "What did you say to him?!" He asked and they explained what Tooth let slip and the Pooka facepalmed just like North.

Jack stared at Bunny pleadingly, he was so confused and wasn't sure what Tooth meant. "What does that mean?! Have I been invisible to humans for 300 years? Have I had any form of cantact at all during those years?" He questioned the irritated rabbit who sighed and sat next to the boy.

"Look mate," Bunny hesitated. "All of us are invisible to those who don't believe in us. Usually its children. We do get the rare adult sighting but its basically always kids." He began to explain as Jack calmed down a bit.

"When you met Jamie and the others, they were your first believers. And after that, more and more kids began to believe in Jack Frost. It's just how it is, if that makes sense?" Bunny finished. Jack was calm once more, understanding what Bunny meant.

"Oh.." he responded as Bunny handed the tea over. "Its wonky, but yeah, its just how our existance works I guess." Jack felt the sides of the mug and stared at the deep burgundy liquid. The mug felt quite warm against his skin and he didn't like it. "Is it too warm? I know you're sensitive to heat so I tried not to make it too warm." Bunny asked.

Jack furrowed his eyebrows. "I am?" He asked as he blew gently on the warm liquid, unintentionally cooling it down more and then taking a sip. "You're what?" Bunny asked, not realizing what Jack was referring to.

"I'm sensitive to heat?" He asked curiously as he finished his first sip. "Oh, yeah. You're a winter spirit so you cant be in warm places or you'll fall ill. You can't drink warm liquids and eat hot foods or you'll be sick." Bunny explained, Jack nodded.

"Can I ask how you know this?" Jack asked almost hesitant for Bunny's answer. "Well, one day you came to the Warren- my home- to help paint eggs and play with the golems because you were bored. Since my home is usually always spring, it's not too warm but it's not cold either." Bunny sipped on his tea.

Jack leaned back while sipping on his tea, eagerly listening to the story. "Many hours had passed by and you hadn't realized you'd been in there for so long, but when you came back from playing you were really clammy and pale. Even the blue of your eyes were pale." Bunny told with a hint of unease.

In truth, when Bunny had seen Jack looking so poorly, it frightened him. "You were swaying and slurring your words, in fact the words you were spitting out didn't even make sense." At this, Jack's eyes widened in surprise.

"You suddenly collapsed and when I caught you, you were very warm to the touch so I figured that bringing you here, to the Pole, would help. We put you in a room, opened the windows, and eventually let you rest. It took almost 2 weeks for you to fully recover from that." Bunny looked over at Jack, smiling slightly at the kit's 'remind me to not go to warm places' look.

"After that you explained to us that you are heat sensitive and that if you stayed any longer or if it got warmer, you would have been worse than what we saw." Bunny finished, taking another sip of his tea. Jack's expression made him chuckle though.

He looked disturbed, nervous, and surprised. "From now on when you visit the Warren I always keep track of the time and weather so that doesn't happen again." The Pooka informed which made Jack feel a bit better.

"Has anything like that happened again?" The boy asked, Bunny shook his head. "No, we've all been very careful of it. But there was one time Jamie gave you a hot pocket and I guess when you refused, he got really sad so you ate it because you felt bad." Bunny admitted.

"I-... sounds like something I'd do." Jack mumbled making Bunny chuckle. "You were down for about a week with the equivalent of a really bad stomach virus. We eventually told Jamie and the others about your sensitivity and they make sure to be cautious now as well." Bunny informed as Jack nodded, finishing his tea.

"Good to know so I don't get myself into trouble." The winter spirit breathed out. Bunny nodded, taking notice of how completely relaxed Jack seemed to be now. "How's the headache?" He asked, to which Jack looked over at him. "What headache- oh, its gone actually, thanks." Jack replied with a small, slightly sleepy smile.

"Thats good, lets go sit over there, yeah? My butt hurts from the window sill." Jack sluggishly nodded at Bunny's words and followed the Pooka to the couch, plopping down on it and sinking into it. "Mmm.." he hummed out, letting his eyes close.

He'd had a long emotional day, and he was nice and relaxed now. "Night, kit." Bunny whispered as he laid a blanket over the boy who had quickly fallen asleep.

********************************

Hello Snowflakes!

It's been a while since I updated this book and I'm not garunteeing I'll update again soon but I hope you enjoyed!

*Jack Frost*