Father and Son

*No One's P.O.V.*

"But are you alright? We heard what happened, where's Pitch." Jamie asked, pulling away from Jack and handing him the oxygen mask to put back on. Jack looked at it oddly, but let Jamie put it on him.

"Oh- sorry you're not supposed to talk, sorry!" The boy seemed to fumble around. Jack wasn't quite sure about anything right now. He barely remembered anything after...

He reached up to touch the bandages on his neck, "Don't mess with'em, mate." Came Bunny's voice. Jack had forgotten they were there. He looked at Bunny, remembering his blurry form darting past him.

He looked at Tooth, remembering her doing the same. It all began to come back, although blurry. He looked to North and Sandy, the ones who stayed with him and held him.

On the outside, Jack looked almost in a daze, but he was actually rememebering and experiencing it again. He remembered passing out and thinking that was going to be it.

But then he was screaming out and the muffled noises stopped, then he was able to breathe. He looked to North once more, his emotions from that moment when he thought it was over, melting into his expression.

He gripped the blanket just like he gripped onto North. His eyes brimmed with tears once more as the large man shook his head, "No no its okay now!" He tried as he rushed over and scooped the boy into his arms once more. Jack was a son to him, whether he had his memories or not and North believes Jack can still feel it.

Jack gripped onto North tightly, he felt safe. He burried his face into the man's shoulder, desperately silencing his hushed sobs. At this moment they all relized that though their friend has been around for 300 years, he was still a child.

Pretty soon, in only a matter of months, Jamie and his friends would physically be older than him. "Pitch is in dungeon. Frozen solid." North answered Jamie's question. Jack looked up at him, silently asking what the man meant.

"Your outburst destroyed all the nightmares we were fighting and froze Pitch. So, we were able to capture him!" North smiled softly and proudly at Jack who's eyes had widened in surprise. He was strong enough to do that? Jack asked himself.

"You're a force to be reckoned with, mate. You've kicked that bloke's rear end before so it ain't surprising for you to do it again." Bunny smiled at Jack, who still looked stunned.

"Do you feel well enough to get up?" North asked, but Jack was unsure. His body ached from being tossed around like a rag doll and he had a decent sized headache from lack of oxygen. Plus, he didn't want to leave North right now.

Jack reached up and fiddled with the mask on his face, understanding that it was somehow helping him, but wanted it off. "Go ahead, we can't force you. Just let us know if you start to feel pain, okay?" Tooth informed once she cought on.

Jack took it off as Bunny turned the machine off, watching as the low hum stopped. "Would you like to try and have something to drink?" North asked and Jack looked up at him, his big blue eyes meeting North's as his mouth pursed in thought.

He then looked to Bunny, pointing at him. "Huh?" The Pooka asked unsure of what Jack was doing. "Are you wanting him to take you?" North asked, unsure. "N-" Jack coughed harshly and so suddenly that his whole body shook for the duration.

"Easy," North rubbed his back and the boy pointed at the Pooka once more, making a drinking motion as he did so. Nobody was sure of what he was getting at but suddenly, Bunny's eyes widened. "Tea! You want me to make you tea like last night!" He exclaimed, feeling very proud of himself as Jack nodded slightly in confirmation.