Lean on Me

*No One's P.O.V.*

Not long after Bunny left, Jamie's friends arrived. "Good morning Jack!" They greeted, Jack smiled kindly and waved. "Good morning!" He replied.

"Just in time for breakfast guys!" Jamie cheered as he began serving the plates. There weren't enough seats at the table so most of them just found places on the couch or floor to happily eat.

Jamie went to hand Jack a plate, but stopped before Jack grabbed it, jerking it away before the spirit's hand made contact with the hot plate. "WAIT!" he shouted, making Jack and some of the others look at him startled.

"Its hot, let me cool it down for you!" And with that, Jamie opened a window and set the plate in the window sill for the frosty weather to cool it down. As Jamie spoke and did this, Jack's happy demeanor faltered. He really wasn't able to enjoy hot things anymore.

He looked towards the fireplace, ignoring the looks the children gave him. He frowned slightly, he wasn't able to snuggle up close to the fire anymore. "Jack?" Jamie's voice brought his friend back into the present with a somewhat worried look.

"Were you remembering something?" The kid, now teen since it'd been 5 years since their meeting, asked almost hopeful. Jack shook hid head, "No, sorry. I was just thinking is all." He replied giving the other boy a half smile.

There was no doubt that they all knew the smile wasn't real, they'd seen the look on Jack's face as he seemed to frown, but none of them knew what to say. They didn't really understand what he was feeling. "Your food should be cooled down soon, sorry for the wait." Jamie apologized.

Jack shook his head, offering an understanding smile, "No worries, Bunny actually told me about my sensitivity last night. I'm glad you stopped me from touching it.." he seemed to trail off at that, his smile fading slightly once more.

Jamie took notice, "Do you.. want to talk about anything? We're pretty close, so we'd like to listen." Jamie smiled softly at his friend. Jack wasn't quite sure if he wanted to voice his feelings. He usually kept them inside, but always offered a listening ear to others.

He hesitated, but shook his head. "Are you sure? Its understandable if you're struggling with emotions or confusion with things right now." Jamie had a knowing look, sometimes Jack thought he could read his mind.

"I just-" he sighed, not sure if he should confide in them. He felt a deep trust with Jamie. He trusted the others, but with Jamie it felt deeper, stronger. "I don't really even know what I'm feeling half the time. But just now when you opened the window to cool my food I-" Jack paused, his sadness spiking.

Sadness for the life he seemed to have lost. His human life. "It all hit me. I can't eat hot or warm foods like I used to, it's been 300 years?! I- whaT EVEN IS THIS THING?!" Jack shouted frantically pointing at the toaster.

"I-its a toaster-" Montey began, but Jack continued. "I DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT IS!! I'M IN A TIME THAT I DON'T KNOW-" he took a deep breath. "I see loud gigantic moving things on the streets- structures with magic glowing things with words-" he stopped himself before going into a longer tangent.

"I'm so confused Jamie! I miss my sister! I just- I want to go home!" He shouted, tears brimming his eyes. Jamie's eyes, along with every other occupant in the room, were wide with shock and pity.

They had never seen Jack so upset, and they hated it. Since Jack was facing Jamie at this point, his back to the others, only Jamie could see the tears rolling down his best friend's face. It broke his heart. He'd never seen Jack cry, no one has.

That time when Jack had a huge panic attack and shed a few tears unwillingly  was completely different. No one said a word. The room was silent aside from the small sob that escaped Jack's lips. "I w-want to go home.." he muttered, halfhazardly wiping his tears with his sleeve.

Jamie didn't know what to do, so he hugged him tightly, and Jack clung to him desperately. "I'm so sorry.." Jamie whispered, Pippa, Montey and the others stood and silently came over, joining the hug for their friend.

They realized that this wasn't really Jack Frost, but it was the boy before he became the legendary winter spirit. This was Jack Overland. They held their friend for a while, not wanting to let him go, neither did Jack.

After he calmed down and dried his face, Jack lifted his head. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-" he bagan but Jamie stopped him. "Don't apologize, you needed to get that out. You always bottle things up and shoulder things alone, its okay to confide in those who love you." He smiled softly at Jack.

"Yeah! And we didn't really understand how you felt or your side of all of this until now, so we're sorry." Pippa spoke, earning a small smile from Jack. He nodded slightly, rubbing his eye as another tear threatened to escape.

"In all honesty, it all just hit me so suddenly. Like, all of a sudden I realized that it was real and not a dream." Jack replied. "We understand. But you can talk to us, tell us how you feel and we'll try and help. Like if you get confused by the microwave, we'll help you figure it out!" Montey informed, to which Jack furrowed his eyebrows.

"The what?" He asked, making them chuckle. "Its a box that uses electricity to heat up cold or frozen foods or drinks!" Jamie replied, Jack still looked confused. "We'll show you!" They walked over to the microwave and Jamie put a bag of popcorn in.

"So you set the appropriate time on the front, and then push start and- vuala!!" He exclaimed. They all watched the amazed and confused face Jack made as the microwave made a low humming noise.

"But what did you pu-" he was interrupted by a loud pop noise that made him jump and nearly drop his staff. The popping continued and he backed away from it warily. "Is it going to explode?? What is that?!" He asked, extremely concerned.

They all laughed, "its popcorn! Its food!" Pippa explained. "Huh??" Jack relaxed a bit. "It's dried corn kernels that pop into fluffy white... you'll see!" Jamie answered. Jack was still confused but was ultimately intrigued by this 'popped corn' and was excited to try it.

Once it was ready, the microwave beeped, so Jamie carefully took out the bag and served it in a large bowl. "Now be careful because its hot! And be careful to not get the kernels stuck in your teeth." Jamie instructed and once the popcorn cooled down a bit, Jack took one and popped it in his mouth.

"I like popcorn." He stated with a firm nod. He liked this snack very much indeed. "Thats good! Theres alot of neat foods like this for you to try! Also don't forget to eat your breakfast." Jamie replied, happily.

"Oh yeah!" Jack took his plate from the window and began eating. He'd prefer it to be hot, but didn't want to suffer so he held tight and enjoyed it none the less. He was very happy to have friends like this, friends he could lean on.