Baby Tooth

As Tooth went to fetch Baby Tooth, who doesn't know Jack's at the palace yet, she pulled out her communication device in case something went wrong. The device was a copper type metal in the chape of a small disk holding an opal-like stone in the center with engravings etched into the metal.

She entered the room the smaller fairy was in and was instantly swarmed by the fairy who asked dozens of questions. "Slow down, slow down! Breathe." Tooth eased, Baby Tooth did as she was told and took some deep breaths. She was so excited to see her best friend again, she missed him so much.

Once the small fairy was calmed down, Tooth spoke to her. "He's here." Baby Tooth squeaked with joy, but Tooth continued. "We need to be careful and take it slow, if we aren't cautious everything might go wrong." She instructed and the tiny fairy nodded eagerly.

She would have to hold back on her excitement and be careful, she didn't want to hurt her friend or cause the wall in his mind to break. "Okay, come with me." Baby Tooth pearched herself on her mother's shoulder, anxiety began to bubble in her small tummy.

It was slowly beginning to dawn on her that he was there, and he didn't remember her. She made a small, sad squeak and Tooth smiled sadly yet softly.

"Even though he doesn't remember, he knows you two were close, he can feel it." Tooth could tell Jack was excited to see her, even though he was nervous. Said boy was still sitting in the bed, however, the blankets weren't neatly tucked anymore as he'd moved around on them quite a bit.

He was so nervous he couldn't sit still for long, and he had a corner of the plush blanket pulled up to his chest, holding it with both hands and rubbing the soft fabric between his fingers. His stomach was doing flips and his heart was pounding.

Was it from excitement or anxiety? Maybe both? A quiet knock came from the door and he nearly jumped out of his skin. 'Calm down.' He told himself, taking a very deep breath.

Tooth entered with a soft smile, one of her hands hidden behind her back. She internally frowned at the sight of Jack, he looked so nervous and confused, the bed was an absolute mess. "We're going to take it slow, okay? If you start feeling off, we'll stop." She instructed.

Baby Tooth was in almost the same state as Jack, but more excited than nervous right now. Was he really right there, just beyond her mother? "Okay." Came his breathy reply. It was him! She almost shouted out with joy but remembered to contain herself.

Tooth's arm slowly started to move from behind her back, and Jack's eyes were glued to it. Tooth held out her palm in front of the boy, watching him closely. Baby Tooth's eyes were wide as she took in the sight of her dearest friend.

His hair was more disheveled than usual and he looked tired. She noticed the bandage around his neck as well. Jack's eyes were wide as he stared down at her. This was her. This was Baby Tooth.

She's so colorful, her bright purple eyes were gorgeous. She was so tiny. The spirit blinked, something blurred into his vision. It was the tiny fairy, looking up at him like she was right now, but there was ice and howling wind around them.

His eyes went hazy for a moment so Tooth called his name which snapped him back to the present. He looked at Tooth for a moment, blinking away his migrane a bit. "I-I'm okay." He looked back down at the tiny fairy again, noticing she looked more concerned now.

She didn't like the look on his face when his eyes went hazy, he looked... void, like he wasn't there anymore. "I'd introduce myself, but we seem to already know eachother." He started off with a small sheepish, yet awkward, smile.

She began to tear up. It was true. All of it was true. The reality of it all hit her like a bus, her Jack didn't remember her anymore. "I- p-please don't cry, I'm sorry!" He exclaimed, feeling terrible for the tiny being.