Blind Rage

Jack awoke to the sound of a deep gruff jumbled voice, shouting frantically. As his mind began to wake up more, he realized there were multiple other voices going back and forth with the deep jiberish one.

Jack lifted his head and looked over his shoulder, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. His brows furrowing at the giant, panicked looking yeti in the kitchen surrounded by confused children. Jack tried to speak, his groggy mind forgetting the condition of his throat for a moment.

Though, his voice came out, surprisingly. Although, Jack's voice was rough and raspy, he was able to speak above a whisper. "What's goin' on?" He croaked out sleepily. The room went dead silent upon hearing his voice.

At the moment, Jack couldn't figure out why everyone was shocked, but he didn't care. He could sense the panic from the yeti, who knew Jack would be able to understand him. The poor yeti, Doc, had arrived an hour before Jack woke and had been desperately trying to communicate with the children, but to no avail.

They'd tried to wake Jack a few times, but the boy was dead asleep. Doc ran over to Jack in a fit of desperation, kneeling down in front of the boy and nearly in tears at this point. At this, Jack woke up instantly, croaking out a "What's wrong?" Before a cough cut him off.

"We've been trying to figure that out for the past hour, we couldn't wake you." Jamie informed. As Jack peered at the yeti knelt before him, Doc took a shaky breath. "Grawgg da wahr." He spoke, Jack's expression turned to horror.

"What." He deadpanned rather than asked, the clouds outside turned a sickeningly dark grey. "Raggha da grawgghr whra!" At this point, Doc was in tears. Jack's eyes glowed a bright blue, his expression was deadly. "J-Jack what's he saying?" Pippa practically begged.

"Pitch has escaped." Jack was too furious to feel or care about the pain in his throat. He stood from the couch. "North has been taken." He added. Horrified gasps sounded amongst the children. "Where is Bunny? The others?" Jack stared down at the still kneeling Doc in fury, not at the Yeti, but at Pitch.

Doc spoke more yetish to Jack who nodded his head slighty. As Jack began to move for the door, thunder roared so loudly that the house shook. Doc grabbed Jack's hand to stop him, shouting something else which seemed to anger Jack even more.

"Why the hell not?" His voice was calm yet unsettling, a rage just begging to be let out. Doc spoke again and this time, Jack's anger flared even more, wind whipping around the inside of the house like a tornado, nearly knocking everyone down.

"DOES HE EXPECT ME TO DO NOTHING?! HE'S A FATHER TO ME!" Jack's voice had a screeching undertone as he shouted. "That's why I didn't want you to know!" Bunny's voice came through the howling wind, surprising Jack enough to stop the wind.

Doc had told Jack that Bunny didn't want the boy knowing of Pitch's escape and North's capture yet, but Doc felt Jack should know. Jack was fuming, his face a bright angry red as he breathed heavily from trying to hold it together.

"Look, mate-" Bunny was completely on edge now, he'd never seen Jack this angry before. He didn't know if Jack could get angrier but he didn't want to find out, let alone become the boy's target. Although, he already made himself a target now.

The Pooka held his hands up hesitantly. "We don't want you getting hurt, mate." A gust of wind pushed him back slightly, and if looks could kill, Bunny would be dead by Jack's glare. "We.. didn't want to tell you until we found him-" Bunny paused, not wanting to finish his sentence.

Jack cocked his head to the side, daring him to continue. "Where is he." He seethed. Bunny's ears flattened against his head, the children and Doc huddled off to the side watching the scene unfold. Bunny looked to the ground in shame. "We don't know." He whispered.

"Is he alive?" Jack's question sucked the air out of the room, his voice still threatening and furious, but also pained. "We.. don't know." Bunny croaked out. Jack wanted to cry.

He wanted to break down and cry. Where was North? His father? Was he okay? Was he hurt? What does Pitch want with him? But Jack chose rage over crying.

Before anyone could protest Jack was gone and the door was wide open. He had to find North. He had to. The children flew into a panic after a moment of silence, questioning and shouting at Bunny for his actions and about North.

After a lot of protests, Bunny forced the kids to stay home with Doc there as protection. He had to find North, for everyone's sake but especially Jack's. Along the way he ran into Sandy.

The Pooka explained what had happened with Jack and they continued their search for their friend. Jack flew faster than ever before and within an hour, he was halfway across the country and almost flew right into Tooth.

"S-sweet Tooth?!" She shouted in shock, his body language and expression frightened her a bit. "Have you found anything." He ground out, stunning the fairy by speaking. She was going to comment on it, but now wasn't the time.

She shook her head, "N-no, but there was a sand trail leading out of the pole so we tried to follow it! But we can't figure out-" before she could finish, he was gone. He couldn't place it, but he had a feeling he knew where to go.

He hadn't felt it until now. It was back in Burgess, in the woods. Under the old broken bed, and into the hole in the ground. In his anger he hadn't noticed Tooth follow him, nor did he notice Sandy and Bunny catch up.

As Jack landed in the labyrinth of dark tunnels and old fairy cages, his mind began to scream out at him. This nearly threw him into a blind rage, but Pitch's sinister, echoing laugh was what catapolted him into a frenzy.

Jack's rationality told him he was overreacting, but something deep within him, told him this rage was justified and Pitch will see just what was in store for him after messing with his family.

Its one thing to hurt Jack, but targeting the ones close to him is a completely different story. Jack wouldn't recall the events beyond this point, but he screamed so furiously it made the Boogyman himself freeze in fear long enough for Jack to blast him out of the shadows with his ice and knock him to the ground.

"WHERE IS HE?!" Jack slammed his staff down on the man's leg as he tried to pick himself up. Jack had warned him what would happen to him, but apparently Pitch decided to call his bluff. Boy he's in for a rude awakening.

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH HIM YOU COWARD?!" Jack's rage filled screams shook the walls as they echoed throughout the chasms. Tooth and Bunny yelled for Jack to calm himself, but Jack couldn't hear them. He was so blindly enraged to even hear Pitch's own pleas for him to stop beating him with his staff.

Every hit sent shockwaves of ice and frost everywhere. Pitch was even shooting sand back at Jack, the fine grains giving the winter spirit's skin cuts and scrapes upon contact, but the boy wasn't phased in the slightest.

If Pitch didn't know better, he'd say Jack couldn't feel it, nor was he aware of any of it. In this moment, Jack was gone. All that remained was rage, anger, hatred, loathing. And this deeply frightened Pitch. What had he done.

Jack then threw his staff to the side, lunging at Pitch and wraping one hand around his throat and his other fist collided with the man's face repeatedly. It isn't clear to North how many blows Jack dealt to the boogyman's face, but when Sandy had emerged in the hallway with the roughed up Santa, Pitch seemed motionless.

Once his mind came back from reeling at the sight, he ran to the boy on top of the nearly unconscious man and pried him off. It wasn't at all easy to do that, but North managed to get Jack off of him. Jack kicked and screamed in protest as North strained to hold the boy still.

"WHERE IS HE?! WHERE IS HE YOU BASTARD?!" He incoherently screamed. "I'm right here!" North shouted back in between Jack's screams. The large man was able to turn the flailing boy around and pinned his arms down, forcing him to look at his father's face.

Jack's pupils were small, unseeing until the figure in front of him spoke again. "I'm here son."

********************************

And this is why we don't push Jack over the edge. But Pitch deserved it. I hope you enjoyed.

*Jack Frost*