A Small Getaway

North held the boy until he calmed down, and once he did, Jack let out a shaky huff. "Sorry," he trailed off a bit, wiping his face and pulling himself together.

"It is alright, son." North replied making Jack smile slightly. "Let us go to workshop and I'll teach you how to make a toy, da?" North looked at him with a big hopeful smile, causing Jack to grin from ear to ear.

"Really?" Jack asked, his voice was even beginning to sound normal again. "Why not!" North smiled at Jack's excitement, happy to have cheered him up. "I've tried to get in there for years and now I'm gonna be allowed in?!" Jack exclaimed enthusiastically.

North was a bit surprised at the statement, "You've been there before, Jack." North reminded him, to which the boy paused with a thoughtful expression. "Oh yeah!" He smiled apologetically.

The fact that Jack forgot he'd been there momentarily frightened himself, but he recalled North's explination so he didn't worry about it too much. North chuckled as Jack began bouncing excitedly chanting, "Workshop! Workshop! Workshop!" Repeatedly.

The two had momentarily forgotten the other two Guardians and the teens were there and North shot them an apologetic look, but then addressed them. "We will be gone a while. I will keep contact on his condition." He spoke with a slight shortness as he was still very frustrated with them.

He also knew Jack would want some time away from them as well and this would be a good getaway for him. "We're sorry about all of this," Jamie said to North with an apologetic look. "Have fun." He looked at Jack who gave him a faltering smile.

Jack wasn't really upset with the teens and he tried to silently convey that to Jamie, but he was still hurt. North opened a portal and looked at Jack who stared at it warily and then looked back at North.

"On three?" North teased and Jack rolled his eyes almost playfully and then burried his face again. "One, two, three!" And then they were gone. Once the portal closed, the room remained silent for a moment.

"Well." Bunny huffed. The whole situation irked him. "Why did the bloke even freak out?" He asked while looking at Tooth as she looked down guiltily. "He woke up when I was examining him." She replied.

"He had been tossing a little in his sleep so I decided to check on his mind.." she trailed off with an uneasy expression. "And?" Pippa spoke up. "The walls we created aren't going to hold up for much longer, I'm afraid." Tooth responded dreadfully.

"I was hoping to speak with North about it, but- " Tooth was interrupted by Jamie. "North will take care of him. Like Bunny said, Jack's stronger than we give him credit for." He replied and Tooth nodded.

The room went quiet once more until Montey stepped forward. "W-what happened with Pitch?" Hey eyed the two Guardians and Dalliah and they looked between themselves and then at Montey. "Jack uh.." Bunny started, unsure of how to sugar coat it.

"He dealt a heavy blow to Pitch so he's kind of in a critical state in a deep dungeon far below the pole. Deeper than we had him before." He replied. The teens were shocked to hear that, not expecting it at all, but also kind of satisfied.

"He deserved it." Cupcake deadpanned, making Bunny snort. "Maybe so. But Jack's staff is also missing." At this, everyone went silent, staring at Bunny. "The mini teeth and my eggs are searching for it, but the cave we were in was deep and the fight caused it to collapse." Bunny sighed heavilly.

He continued before anyone else could speak. "We know it's unharmed because of Jack." He recieved confused looks. "If it was broken, a storm would be raging all over Burgess as we speak. Jack's emotions also tell me that it's unharmed because when he was upset earlier, the weather was reacting like it normally does." There were relieved sighs as Bunny finished.

"I think North sent some yeti's out to help look for it too, didn't he?" Tooth asked, turning to look at Bunny who nodded. "Yeah, last I heard they were getting close to where the cave was." This eased the tension a bit.

"How did the staff even go missing? Jack never lets go of it." Jamie asked in confusion and Bunny sighed in exasperation. "Long story short, Jack kind of lost his temper pretty bad, threw the staff to the side and went for Pitch bare handed." He explained.

"And you say Pitch is in critical condition??" Pippa asked in almost disbelief. "Yep. Jack didn't use much of his power, but of course some ice and frost came out since he was angry." Bunny seemed a bit nonchalant but was actually a little wary of Jack since the whole ordeal.

Thats why he hadn't really tried to approach him, he was being cautious but now that he thinks about it, he feels a bit bad. "Should we go see if we can help look for it? There's a few shovels in the shed." Jamie offered.

Bunny shrugged, "If you want to." And with that, they began their search for their friend's staff.

****

Sorry for the short chapter guys, but I hope you enjoyed