Chapter 20

It was another day at Levanter High. But there seems to be an unfamiliar face within the third years of the school. Though Minho has only started school in the current year, he remembers everyone's face and identity, but he has never seen this particular student before. And on top of that, he is currently getting yelled at by Chan.

"So...Where have you been for the past few days?" Chan asked with an intimidating look. "I'm not surprised that you're not attending school regularly, but not attending at all is a whole different matter!" The student looked down at his feet, not daring to make eye contact with Chan. Shivering in worry rather than fear, nibbling on his nails as sweat dripped from his forehead.

"Umm...do you have a fever or something? Want to go to the nurse's office?" Minho suggested seeing that the student is obviously struggling. The student shook his head side to side.

"Look at me and talk." Chan commanded out of annoyance. The student stayed silent, not letting a single word out of his mouth. Jisung and Changbin were watching the whole drama as they were sitting near the bookshelf. They looked so calm and collected as if this happens all the time until Chan suddenly slammed his hand onto the desk which made everyone jump, especially Minho who was standing closest to him. "I said look at me and talk!" Chan repeated in a louder voice.

"Y-Yes!!" The student finally responded as he looked at Chan.

Minho leaned closer and squinted his eyes from where he was standing to see the student's face clearly. But for some reason, the male student kept avoiding eye contact with Minho. Did Minho really look that scary?

"Good you finally looked up. Now that wasn't hard, was it? I'll let you off the hook this one time." Chan said as he dismissed the student. After the student left, Minho went over to Changbin and Jisung.

"Who was that?" Minho asked.

"Oh, that was Kim Chulmoo. He's actually a quiet kid. Doesn't stand out too much and his grades are average too. He seems like an average student but he barely comes to school." Changbin explained.

"Is that so...." Minho squinted his eyes as he folded his arms over his chest.

"Hyung, is there something wrong?" Jisung asked.

"Nothing, it's just....." Minho mumbled as he went over to Chan. "Channie, could you give me a copy of Chulmoo's timetable?"

"Why would you need his timetable for?" Chan asked.

"No particular reason~. I'm just curious that's all." Minho said.

"Okay fine." Chan sighed.

"Thanks Channie!" Minho exclaimed.

_____________

It was lunchtime and the group decided to sit on the rooftop. Minho was about to take his lunch box out until he heard his phone vibrating in his pocket. He looked at the screen to see who the caller was but this number wasn't saved in his contact list. Even though there was no caller ID, he automatically knew who the caller was, which made him sigh.

"Min, is there something wrong?" Chan asked.

"Nothing Channie, I'm just gonna take this call for a bit," Minho said as he got up and went to a place where it was quieter. He answered the phone and held it against his ear.

"Sup hyung," Minho said.

"Oh, how'd you know it was me?" Taehyung asked.

"I memorized your number last time and it looks like you still have the same phone number. I bought a new phone recently anyways."