Chapter 41

"Min, you're really good at this," Chan huffed as he rolled the ball in his hands before bouncing it on the floor.

"Of course Channie," Minho smirked, nearly equally as tired as Chan was.

"Yeah, only thing is.....you can't shoot even if the sky's falling," Chan shook his head before feeling the ball slide right off of his arm, as Minho snatches it off him and heads towards the basketball hoop.

Is he gonna make it?

Chan anxiously watched as he decided to stop chasing after the ball to let Minho have a chance at shooting. Everything seemed like it was in slo-mo, as Minho concentrated his eyes on the hoop that was above. He Jumped and aimed at the hoop, just for it to miss by a huge margin.

"And he didn't," Chan chuckled before grabbing the ball into his arm.

"How the freak do people shoot?" Minho asked, resting his hands on his hip.

"Just watch kitty," Chan whistled before running to the centre of the court and shooting a half-court shot, flawlessly making a 3 point shot. That left him with all the rights to smirk.

"Hmph! Show off," Minho huffed as he side eyed Chan.

"Hahaha, you can't shoot but...you sure can run. Your agility is unbelievable. I mean, the way you move..." Chan said, looking at Minho.

"Hm? You like my moves?" Minho walked closer to Chan and smirked at him.

"Yes I do. The way you move...it's completely unpredictable on where you're gonna go, or what you're gonna do next. How do you do that?" Chan asked.

"I guess you kinda just have to always know where you are, and what's going on around you? I don't know.....well, that's the only thing I'm good at for basketball haha," Minho laughed.

"You seemed hesitant at first when we asked you to join the team," Chan pointed out. "You don't like the sport?"

"It's not that I don't like the sport....I-It's not that much of an interesting story really.." Minho laughed it off, but Chan took this seriously. He wanted to know if anything was bothering Minho. And if there was, he wanted to be the one to help him.

"I'm here all day for you. And I'm willing to listen," Chan said as he walked Minho to the steps. The two sat down side by side, waiting for each other to speak first. Minho rolled the ball in his hand, bouncing it two times on the ground before letting out a huge sigh.

"Well...in middle school, I was openly gay. It's not that I was trying to show it off that I liked men, but I wasn't particularly trying to hide it or anything. The guys on the team didn't like the fact that there was a gay guy on the team, or maybe they just hated my guts. Whatever the reason was...they didn't want to leave me in peace...so they did things to me," Minho said, looking down at the heavy red ball in front of him.

"Like what? What did they do to you?" Chan asked.

"They did stuff..." Minho said nervously.

"What stuff?" Chan asked.

"Just stuff Chan! I don't know Chan they just did things!" Minho yelled out in frustration. Chan's voice deepened, seeing the way Minho reacted to his nosy questions.

"Does this have something to do with Paul?" Chan asked.

"Paul? Why are you bringing him up?!" Minho yelled, his voice echoed in the gym.

"I'm just worried Min!" Chan yelled, and this was the first time he heard Chan yell this aggressively.

"I don't need you to worry about me!" Minho got up and stood in front of Chan, almost at the verge of tears, yet it was far from obvious. He felt sad, but only showed anger through his expressions.