Chapter 42

"Take your hands off," Minho said, without showing any sight of hesitation. He knew exactly who Chan was talking about. And Chan also caught on that Minho knows exactly who entered the court. Chan sighed and took his palm off Minho's eyes, revealing the view. "He's like a shadow...an annoying one," Minho said as he spotted the one and only Paul. And it wasn't a surprise that Paul noticed Minho too, looking at him with a smirk. Just the sight of him made Minho feel uncomfortable.

"Sit this one out," Chan ordered, glaring at Paul with the intent to murder. And this was not as a joke, he was legit about this.

"What? Why? I can play the first half! You know I'm the only one on the team who can keep up with your style of playing!" Minho protested. He was right, Chan's playing was always too rough, that he had to adjust it in order to play as a team. When he first started playing in this school's team, nobody was able to keep up with him, he would always one or two steps a head of everyone else. Basketball is a team sport, and if nobody is there to pass the ball to, or nobody to pass the ball to you, the court would feel lonely. Chan used to be a lone wolf on the court, since nobody could keep up with his speed. So he adjusted himself and analysed how everyone played, so he could blend in. He started playing below his potential. But it all changed after he found Minho. Minho's agility, speed, awareness, everything was too great that Chan started getting excited every time he played on the court. His adrenaline increased, and he actually started having fun again. "Only I can help you reach your full potential. You wanna get excited don't you?" Minho and Chan fitted like a puzzle, Chan couldn't disagree on that. But he didn't want Minho to get hurt. Paul is here, and if he did anything to Minho, Chan would not be able to control it. He was too worried about Minho to worry about the game.

"No, I will not allow it," Chan said, still glaring at Paul. Minho was frustrated that Chan wasn't looking at him as he was basically kicking him out of the game before it even began. He wanted to punch himself for actually feeling jealous that Chan was looking at Paul, but wasn't paying attention to him. This was definitely not the type of situation to feel jealous, but he truly thought he was going insane. Does he miss Chan so much to the point that if he was even looking at another person, he would become all jealous as if Chan was his property?

"Look at me," Minho grabbed Chan's jaws and turned it so that Chan was facing him. As soon as he did, he felt more relaxed knowing that Chan could only see him in his view. Minho was shocked at himself. He never knew he was the obsessive type. "I'm playing. Whatever you say is not going to change my mind," Hearing those words, made Chan feel somehow angry. Minho was being stubborn, and Chan knew that nothing will change his mind at this point.

"Fine, but whatever you feel, or whatever you do, I won't take responsibility for it. Do whatever you want," Chan said.

"I never asked you to take responsibility for anything in the first place," Minho scoffed before walking off to the side of the court where he could spot Suhoon and the others.

"Hey Minho hyung!!" Jisung waved all happy and giddy. He could see Minho wave back at him after a few seconds. "Is it me or does Minho hyung look a bit under the weather?"

"Nah, I see it too," Jeongin commented. "He seems to be more reserved...am I using the right word? He looks like he's just been through a divorce,"

"Chan looks like he's been through a divorce too..." Jisung said before hearing the speakers squeak through everyone's ears.

"All players, please line up in the middle of the court," The announcement spoke, and so all the players jogged to the centre. No smiles, no greetings, well, except for Chan. He greeted the other team out of respect, but after he lifted his head back up to look at their team's captain, he couldn't help but to glare at them. With eyes that could probably slice the head.